RR SC went in Limp mode towing my boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PVang

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone had issues or vehicle fatigue for towing 21+ size ski boat. I live in a 500 ft elevation and I have been towing my boat out for the past 2 years ,(every weekend in the summer). The distance from my house of 500 ft elevation to flat level is about 1.5-2 miles not too bad. Just over the weekend, I took to boat out and on the highway the car suddenly went into limp mode and reduced engine performance. I parked it and restart the engine and it did not go away. The truck is actually in the shop at the moment and they are saying that the rear differential motor is out and needs to be replace.

I'm just curious for those that tow as often as I do in the summer experience any kind of failure. I'm thinking its more than just the differential motor. I've been seeing my engine RPM sticking up higher then usual without the boat going up to my house. I normally see my RPM range at 2-3k then shifts into higher gears, but now it stays in the 3500 close to 4K before it would want to shift.

Boat= 2008 Reinell 207LS V8 Volvo engine
Vehicle = 2007 RR Sport SC

Thanks for any inputs,

-P

Last edited:

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my RRS SC after a hard day of offroading and blasting up a slope at 80+ mph to get around unsavories on the way home. No lights on the dash, just reduced engine performance. Turned out to be related to the cooling for the superchanger, and quite common. My LR tech at the dealer correctly diagnosed it, as I immediately called him on my mobile.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA