Satelite Radio Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
Why does the Sat radio always default to the Sat 2 screen? I'm listening to music on a preset channel on Sat 1. When I turn off my truck and back on, it plays the say channel BUT the displaying is showing the Sat 2 screen

Has this happened to anyone?

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's one of the annoying little user interface issues on the LR4. No way to fix that as far as I know 'cept via a firmware update from Land Rover which I doubt they'll issue.

vhousad

Reaction score
Why does the Sat radio always default to the Sat 2 screen? I'm listening to music on a preset channel on Sat 1. When I turn off my truck and back on, it plays the say channel BUT the displaying is showing the Sat 2 screen

Has this happened to anyone?

This is no doubt a terrible user interface issue, although I think I understand why this works the way it does. When your screen shows 'Sat 2', it is effectively saying to you 'press this button to go to the Sat 2 screen' - you are actually on the Sat 1 screen. If you set all of your primary presets on the screen showing 'Sat 2', they will come up first every time since they are actually on what the system treats as 'Sat 1'. By modifying the way you think about what is displayed, the system works presumably as designed.

This is yet another example of an interface that was presumably designed by some Brits after having spent far too much time in the local pub .:beer:

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
Actually, when my sat radio defaults to SAT2, the screen is displaying the preset channels of SAT2 not from SAT1. I have to change to SAT1 to get back to my primary channels. Here's another f' up thing, when it defaults to SAT2, the top part of the display is showing SAT1 and Channel 1.

Anyway, I was planning on setting all my primary channels on SAT2 as you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions.

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
Has there been a software update to resolve this (my Sirius radio also fails to display the song / artist upon starting the vehicle... once I change channels, everything displays okay)?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sirius radio should go out a business. Audio quality is crap. And that's not a Rover issue, was this way in my BMW. How anyone can even charge a monthly subscription for something so poor baffles me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM