Seat belt pre tensioner on Disco 11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie1

Reaction score
My 99 Disco 11 diesel has an SRS error on the dash. The diagnostics say its the rhs seat belt pre tensioner.

Can this be changed ...and easily?

I have access to a 1998 Freelander for spares. Are they the same and could I try without fear of zapping anything?

thanks

Brownie1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Look under the drivers seat, the odds are either a plugs has been disconnected or a wire has shorted out going to the seat belt latch.

Known issue.

Brownie1

Reaction score
Joey...thanks!
I checked it out....looks ok (although the wire routing leaves a bit to be desired) Nothing disconnected and nothing broken. Any other ideas?

Brownie1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well to be honest that is where the issue will more than likely be. It is either a seat belt wiring issue, or the pretensioner has failed as you stated, but they normally do no fail. Not hard to change, but you will need one from a Disco II, the freelander parts will not work as far as I know.

Brownie1

Reaction score
Joey...thanks again...your help is much appreciated. I will take a closer look this evening at the wiring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112