Side-steps to Side bars..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJLVA

Reaction score
I'M getting mixed info from two dealership parts depts. One said I need new sills, as there are no holes with the LR side bar installation, one said that the same holes are used. Never saw the bars installed up-close so really so don't know first- hand. Any info would be appreciated.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those HCO bars look nice.

I got the LR side step tubes. Mostly for style, a little for function as you can sometimes get a toe on the things and step up...but they mount them pretty close to the body, I guess, to preserve the ground clearance. Anyway, they did have to cut two round holes on the underside of the plastic trim to mount these. Not sure if that helps your or not...

5cln6f.jpg

DJLVA

Reaction score
Thanks, it looks like they're close enough to the body, that even if they don't use the holes from the Sidestep install, that they'll be hidden.
Much appreciated

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just put it in access mode and keep it clean or go with a functional off road protection rail
I always laugh when i see factory side steps on an lr3 dont they relize they can push a button to lower the vehicle

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins