Sluggish and loud excelleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ike

Reaction score
I have an '06 LR3 with 88,000mi. Let me start by saying I LOVE it! This winter performance went down hill. The fan is loud and I have to give it alot of gas to accelerate. It kinda feels like it is stuck in snow/ice terrain setting. LR told me the cooling fan is likely the problem but they will not know until it completely goes out. I drive alot and this is unacceptable. They said it will be $800 when it goes. I'm pretty good with DIY. Is this something I can fix myself? Is there something else that could be causing the problem? I just had the software updated. Also, my cruise control works intermittently when it is hot outside. Works great in the cold.

trouguex

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a fan clutch going bad and sticking on. A new clutch should run you about 548.00 for the part. I don't know about it being a DIY kind of job because it comes with the fan and the wrench you need most DIY-ers don't usually have. As for the cruise control not working: I have no idea there.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635