Squeaking Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4chick

Reaction score
I bought my Certified 16’ LR4 with just under 30K. Currently, I’ve put 13K on it in 7 months! I absolutely love this truck.
For the past 3 months I’ve been experiencing horrible squeaking in the front when braking. Landrover said it was a build up of tire shine.
I stopped getting tire shine at the car wash, but the sound didn’t. I took it back to Landrover and they reported I needed new rear brakes. I had a private shop put on new rear rotors & brakes and the noise STILL THERE!
The mechanic said my front aren’t worn and to just live with this embarrassing sound unless I want to replace the fronts now.
It seems like a total waste of $ to replace then because of the sound if they’re not even worn.
PLEASE ANY ADVICE

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly some brakes can make lots of noise, generally the only fix is to replace the pads. Unless someone installed them without the squeal pads on the back, which can and does happen.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue in a '13 LR4. Sloppy install job or bad set. I'm just dealing with it until they need replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV