Squeaky fan motor-glove box removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glwoll

Reaction score
The fan motor on my 2006 LR3 V6 SE has the squeaks -- it might go days without making a noise, then it squeals for quite a while. Changing the fan speed helps usually, but it always comes back.

I'd like to pull the fan motor and clean/lubricate it. The manual says you have to pull the lower glove box assembly, but of course that requires a special tool for the hinge pins that doesn't seem to be easily available any where.

Any advice on pulling the blower motor? A friend told you didn't have to pull the glove box, has anybody tried it that way or found a way to get the glove box door off?

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to pull the lower glove box. Just remove the kick panel below the glove box (make sure you disconnect the light wire... don't forget he light is there before you pull the trim off). Then, I think it's easiest to remove the footwell duct, but it may be possible to take the blower motor out w/o removing the duct. Still, with some wiggling and force, it will pop off of the supply ducting on the left side in the center console. Then, you can contort it and pull it out. That will give you plenty of access to the three screws holding the blower motor in. There is one wire that run across below the blower motor. Just make sure you gently move this out of the way, then you can drop the motor and lube it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9