steering wheel off center, but tracks straight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went offroad last weekend, at a leisurely pace, no drama, though I can tell that I used the full range of articulation in the rear at least (based on light scuffs from the tires on the splash shields at the 10-o-clock (driver's side) and 2-o-clock (passenger side) position). Coming home I noticed the steering wheel was very slightly off center, but there was no issue in tracking straight, no pulling to either side or anything. There were some roots I crossed where it shifted sideways as it slid on the smooth surface, but nothing drastic. It could be the steering wheel was that way before and I just didn't notice, but I wanted to tap into the forum's collective wisdom for any hints of things to inspect. I haven't had an alignment since we purchased our LR4 in 2017, so perhaps it's time. Front lower control arms are poly, the rest as far as I know are all original. I have booked an appointment to have the alignment looked at in 2 weeks at my local independent LR shop, but if I can determine something needs fixing before then, I'd rather get that done now and not have to make two trips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV