Swing away rear tire carrier feeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have been working on a swing away rear tire carrier for a month or so and am throwing out feelers for interest. I will have the prototype completed within the next 30 days. I am designing it to mount on the stock bumper. I think I can produce them and sell them for $750.00 or less. Please let me know if there is even a market out there. If you guys have wants or must haves let me know and I can see if I can add them to my present design. Thanks Paul

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post once I have the completed prototype.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have been working on a swing away rear tire carrier for a month or so and am throwing out feelers for interest. I will have the prototype completed within the next 30 days. I am designing it to mount on the stock bumper. I think I can produce them and sell them for $750.00 or less. Please let me know if there is even a market out there. If you guys have wants or must haves let me know and I can see if I can add them to my present design. Thanks Paul

Count me in!

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update?

not yet...I am leaving for NYC in the morning, I will see where we are at when I return. The design is similar to the Rasta (but doesn't cover the taillight)

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's always a big market for quality aftermarket parts for the LR3 if you make a quality product that works and are able to produce it at a good price point i'm sure you won't have trouble selling quite a few. I would definitely be interested.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the machine shop working on the hinge. I can tell you that if the hinge passes my testing you will only have to drill one hole in your bumper cover. The stops, latch and the hinge are all in one...

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing, there will be a High Jack mount standard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM