SYA Kit Owners - measurement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone with an SYA kit installed give me their measurements (front and rear) from center of wheel to fender well above? I’m trying to double check mine against other installs with an actual measurement of the vehicle rather than computer settings.

Mine is almost dialed in but still getting some bottoming out in the rear.

Thanks!
Lee

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe these are the oem heights. Fronts are 18 3/8" and the Rears are 19 1/8".

As far as the sya kit goes, there's lots of misconceptions about it. On coils, it adds 2" to overall height. On air systems, it decreases the by 2" by tricking the sensors for being at oem normal height, when it's actually on bump stops. The kit is purely meant for emergency suspension issues dropping the suspension to bump stops where your truck isn't sitting on your tires making it immobilized. Oem and 2" or lower lift rods are useless with the sya kit as the suspension will not calibrate properly, always thinking its at 2" height (on bump stops). The 2.5" lift rods allows you to calibrate each corner properly by adding 0.5" to the guided calibration height.

As far as ride comfort goes, 0.5" is the new normal ride height and has the least amount of air in the struts and every bump is slightly better than bump stops. +15mm feels a little better. +25mm feels ok. +55mm is close to 2", which is the probably the best ride height feeling to get the oem feel and you'll get the full oem compression and rebound feel as it was designed, because of the amount of air in the struts.

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current measurements are roughly 20 3/4" Front and 21 1/4" Rear, the front feels great but the rear still bottoms out too easily. I can't drive down a bumpy road without going into off road height.

Beginning to wonder if I got the wrong Arnotts.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
From what I gathered, only the rear Arnotts don't play well with the SYA kit. That's mainly from your earlier posts and some other posts from other forums. I think the Arnotts have a double spring in the shock that prevents it from completely compressing to its limit.

Here's a thought, what if you remove the air bags from the Arnott and place them on Bilstein 19-218632?

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do that? It would be a lot cheaper than a whole new set of struts back there. A second whole new set lol, I've barely got 500 miles on these.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Arnotts are valved so that the valve automatically closes once it gets down to a certain pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut