Thinking of Trading a 2003 Expedition for a 2002 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

khelms_98

Thinking of trading my 2003 Expedition for a 2002 Range Rover. There's nothing wrong with my 2003 Expedition but I saw this '02 Range Rover on a local dealer's lot and I couldn't resist stopping and asking about it. It's a 2002 w/ about 73,700 miles on it; I know the man who owned it previously, he owns a large business and traveled frequently. The dealer is asking $22,900 for it. It's in mint condition and I ran a Carfax check and it came back with fewer reports than my Expedition; only three reports showed up. I figured I'd still talk to the former owner and see what kind of vehicle it was. I get around 15.5 mpg w/ my Expedition (80% hwy) so I'm not too conerned about the gas mileage, I just don't want the Rover to get terribly worse gas mileage than the Expy. I drive about 50 miles a day so I'm thinking I'd get pretty good mileage out of each tank in the Rover. The RR is sitting perfectly straight, not leaning or anything, so I'm guessing the EAS is okay, but I'll definitely run it through all the cycles to make sure. What do you guys think? Do you think it's worth it? I'd just hate to get into the Rover and live to regret it, like if the EAS goes, but I know that's the risk I take.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you plan to tow anything, stick with the Expedition. If not and you just have to have it... I would say get it. I know a '02 RR would look nice in my driveway....

Is is the HSE 4.6, can't remember if the '02 came with the 4.0 or not. If it does have a 4.0 I wouldn't buy it, but that just my opinion.

K

khelms_98

It's a 4.6 HSE. I lucked out and got a pretty much problem-free new bodystyle '03 Expedition so I'd hate to trade and have something major go wrong with the RR. As to your question, no, I will not be doing any towing. I just don't think I'll get a good trade-in on the Expedition so I might be better off sticking with it, since it's been such a good truck to me. I'll keep thinking it over and make a decision soon.

R

RRob

Get the Rover, I got a 2002 as well and its the best truck i've ever driven. Looks alone are enough to want to buy but you also get a strong engine, luxury, and nice bunch of extra features to play with... Trust me your neighbors will envy you. Good luck

C

Chadster

Sounds like a decent truck. Check out autotrader or www.bvlr.com for pre owned rover. Bear Valley seems to have the lowest priced used Rovers. I believe you can find a lower priced alternative 02 Rover.

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99