This LR3 is Probably Best I've ever Owned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 is Probably Best Car I've ever Owned

I have owned:

3 BMW's (2 3-series convertibles, 1 Z3)
3 Porsches (1 Boxster, 1 911 coupe, 1 911 cab)
7 Land Rovers (Discovery, Range Rover Classic, Range Rover 4.6, Discovery II, Range Rover new body style, Range Rover new body Style, Range Rover LWB)
2 Suburbans
1 Saab (900 convertible?)
2 Mazdas (2 Miatas)

and this 2007 LR3 HSE in Java Black/Alpaca Beige with the Lux package and Sirius is the best car I've ever owned! I can't say enough good things about it.

Patriot

Last edited:

a990dna

Reaction score
good to hear.. back in 2005 I was looking at the LR3 and was very impressed with the handling and comfort of the vehicle -- but all the initial suspension fault problems scared me away. After my purchase and buy back ordeal with a new '05 Land Cruiser, I'm back again looking at a loaded 2008 LR3 HSE.. or possibly a loaded 2007.

Its amost three years later I'm seeing a vast improvement in customer satisfaction -- however, I'm still not totally comfortable with the dealer network.

good service from dealers is far and few between... and that's not isolated to LR.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear.. back in 2005 I was looking at the LR3 and was very impressed with the handling and comfort of the vehicle -- but all the initial suspension fault problems scared me away. After my purchase and buy back ordeal with a new '05 Land Cruiser, I'm back again looking at a loaded 2008 LR3 HSE.. or possibly a loaded 2007.

Its amost three years later I'm seeing a vast improvement in customer satisfaction -- however, I'm still not totally comfortable with the dealer network.

good service from dealers is far and few between... and that's not isolated to LR.

Boy isn't that the case. Probably best to have any potential service down the road done by the same dealer you purchased from.

FWIW, my LR3 is a far, far superior vehicle to the 2 new body style 2004 RR's I owned from '03-'05.

Patriot

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Patriot. Our LR3 has been more reliable than any vehicle I have owned in the first 8 months; which includes Lexus, Mercedes (bloody nightmare-parted ways after 6 months), Subarus, Porsche (current), and one beloved Miata R-package. Only issue I had is with the alignment, which turned into the absolute worst dealer experience I have ever had. I've caught dealers being dishonest and incompetent before-we all have, but never to this extent.

a990dna

Reaction score
I firmly believe "service" from all industries are at an all-time low...

In or out of warranty, I've never taken a vehicle to a dealer for an alignment... I've always used alignment shops that specialize in high-performance vehicles.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very much agree. But when the tires are at the wearbars after 1.5K miles and it having the worst case of bumpsteer and tramlining ever experienced, you have to go to the dealer. For new tires under warranty and use of the espresso machine, if nothing else.

a990dna

Reaction score
that's severe wear .. what was wrong? sounds like something bent or damaged during transport.

btw -- i give up, what's "tramlining?"

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deleted, see post below.

Last edited:

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's a really nice, gently used one posted in the classifieds.

Sorry, I know that was a shameless plug. But I think you should be allowed on every 50 or so posts. :biggrin:

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's severe wear .. what was wrong? sounds like something bent or damaged during transport.

btw -- i give up, what's "tramlining?"

Tramlining is when the tires follow grooves in the road. This is common on sport cars with ultra-high performance tires. Our LR3 would dart right and left with abandon. My brother-in law refused to drive it, as did my wife. Is there anything worse than your wife refusing to drive your 2 month old >$50K truck?

Rant: The toe was severly out of specification, with too much "toe-in" (pigeon-toed) both front and rear. The handling was dangerous, but they said the alignment was fine when I brought it in at 1.5K, but refused to give me a copy of the alignment sheet despite repeated demands:hmpf: They obvisouly lied about road testing it too. When I brought it in at 2.5K to replace the tires, which were now completely bald on the outer half, I was livid, as I was convinced something was wrong with the truck and they were incompent/not being forthright. I insisted they recheck the alignment, stating that either the frame was bent, something in the suspension broken or it had too much toe-in, upon which they confirmed the toe-in malady. They also accussed me of swapping old tires onto the truck too. I have never enjoyed filling-out a follow-up survey more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4