Three amigos on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clieman

Reaction score
Hello all. I had the notorious three lights come on about a year ago and they just stayed on steady. Never went away. Then, about a month ago, I took it to the local LR shop and told them to take a look at it with the SLABS machine. They cleared the codes and told me to come back when the lights came back on (in order to get fresh codes and a good place to start with repairs).

About 4 days later they came back, beeps and all. This time though, the next time I started the truck they were gone! NOW, they come on and off and never stay on after the ignition is turned off. All the mechanic said was something like he "cleaned the shuttle valve" if thats even possible.

Any input?
01 Disco2, 68k miles, no air suspension.

clieman

Reaction score
Thanks Joey. Oh, BTW, the PB blaster stuff on the o2 sensors worked. Thanks.

I saw the shuttle valve kit at the link and read a little bit about it. Ever seen one done? Anyone? Advisable for home mech to do it? Will need to bleed the system completly after, right?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did it myself for a friend the other day. Lets just say the job ability rating would be a 2 out of 10, but the pain in the hand factor/wearing out factor was a 9 out of 10.

3 nuts removed from the ABS Modulator, then a align wrench to remove the 3 screws from the shuttle valve Blind so to speak while you lift up slightly on the modulator so as not to bend the brake lines. At least a 2 hour job. No bleeding of the system required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV