Time for Oil Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outcold33

Reaction score
I bought my LR3 used in February. The first oil change i got was 7000 miles after i bought it and I was in a hurry and just had NTB do it. It's time for the second one and I was wondering if the oil filter was hard to get to? is it worth it doing myself or should I just go get it done? also how long do you guys run your Rovers between Oil Changes, I normally would get them every 4000-5000 miles but the first time snuck up on me and it seemed fine changing it at 7000?

Also i just realized the previous owner took the emergency jack and spare tire kit with them anyone know where I can get another cheap?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are a little mechanical, do it your self and don't go over 5000 miles between changes, also use either a Mobil 1 or a KYN oil filter for better protection.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a poll before about oil change interval and many seem to be ok with 7500 miles with synthetic oil.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest you just get a 1/2 drive breaker bar and socket instead of the factory kit. I believe the socket is a 7/8"...maybe someone can confirm. Anyway I broke my factory wrench on the first lugnut. Previous owner likely did the same.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup 7/8" is the lug nut size... also for a Jack find a good bottle jack, one that has adequate lift height for our trucks' amazing articulation. :wink:

Last edited:

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually change the oil myself, don’t trust the mechanics, a spatially after the last sloppy oil change at the station. I use fully synthetic oil, and change it every 10k. And you wouldn’t find the filter at the Wall Mart or Advanced auto parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635