Trailer hitch needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the lights work properly, however if I want the tow assist LR said it would cots $80 to flash the computer.

Interesting! . . . did they give you any grief about installing the harness yourself?

LRwhat

Reaction score
Interesting! . . . did they give you any grief about installing the harness yourself?

No, and I was very surprised at the service managers response. When I called I asked for prices with install and prices for just the equipment. After receiving the $1000+ quote over the phone I laughed and told him the prices online. I asked if they would consider lowering the price, and he said that they can't but install was very easy and allot of people choose to DYI. So, that is where I am at!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the lights work properly, however if I want the tow assist LR said it would cots $80 to flash the computer. They also said if I have the camera system, which I don't, it would be included in the cost. If I ever tow something big I may go in and have them do it.

I looked on ebay, it seems that the factory hitch runs about $350 or so. I was hoping to find a used one for around $250. I think I will give it another week, hopefully a member on this forum will take a look at this thread and want to sell!! Don't make me beg now!:biggrin:

$350 is a great deal. I paid $490 for mine at the dealer in Panama.

LRwhat

Reaction score
Hitch on the way, it will be here on Thursday! I was able to pick one up from chinochulo, thanks to him and this community! My out the door cost for the harness and hitch installed by me is $401, less than half of the dealer price! I don't know why i am so excited for a heavy piece of metal but I am! I will post pics up when I can! Great recommendations every one!

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you towing? I should start a "toys you tow" thread or something. I kind did with my boat thread.

LRwhat

Reaction score
Great idea for a thread. Right now i am just starting my toy collection with a Yamaha grizzly 450 loaded on a two place echo trailer. I hope to add another ATV next year. When i am not hauling the ATV, I will use the trailer to haul large items to the recycle lot and land fill! I can always find stuff to haul, now I have the ability to do it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9