Truck#2 - Suspension Fault#1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped LR3 of for service Tuesday morning. It took an hour for them to get me into the loaner. I had to beg them to insert the Navigation DVD.

I now see that every answer is what I'm going to call the "lazy" answer. They'll agree to anything to get you to stop asking. For instance I firmly believe that if I asked...

"Is it true the air suspension is operated by 10 small lemurs?" My service guy would say "yes", because that would be the easiest thing to say (Least amount of words). Answering no would require a further explanation.

If I say anything negitive I'm met with a barrage of defenses (they're validity not withstanding). I said "it's quiet in here today", referencing that they're was no noise or movement in the shop when I got there. TWO of them leap up... "That's because you got here so late (9:18am), we've already taken in 30 vehicles". God forbid I think they're not working hard (though that would explain why every service takes 9 days).

LOVE my LR3... HATE LR.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

w6000

askewed said:
Dropped LR3 of for service Tuesday morning. It took an hour for them to get me into the loaner. I had to beg them to insert the Navigation DVD.

I now see that every answer is what I'm going to call the "lazy" answer. They'll agree to anything to get you to stop asking. For instance I firmly believe that if I asked...

"Is it true the air suspension is operated by 10 small lemurs?" My service guy would say "yes", because that would be the easiest thing to say (Least amount of words). Answering no would require a further explanation.

If I say anything negitive I'm met with a barrage of defenses (they're validity not withstanding). I said "it's quiet in here today", referencing that they're was no noise or movement in the shop when I got there. TWO of them leap up... "That's because you got here so late (9:18am), we've already taken in 30 vehicles". God forbid I think they're not working hard (though that would explain why every service takes 9 days).

LOVE my LR3... HATE LR.

This sounds just like my Land Rover dealer. exactly like mine

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
Today: Compressor #2, suspension fault #1.
Just curious, did the dealer give you a printout of the stored faults and how they fixed them, or do they just replace the compressor and say it's fixed??? I had 1 intermittant fault (amber rockin rover) plus raising slow and continue to raise when cool that occured if I raised and lowered from entry to off road levels several times in a row. My dealer found a faulty connection on the frt cross-link valve and I've had no problems since (crossing my fingers). What faults are you recieving???

Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They gave me no such info... What should I ask them for next time?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
They gave me no such info... What should I ask them for next time?
The info is all on my repair reciept and lists the fault codes that were stored, what corrective action they took and results of the test drive with diagnostic unit hooked up after repairs. It is a customer copy ( I assume) of what they summit to LR for warranty reimbersment. HTH

Cheers
John

S

schafari

Recently off-roading, I was getting the message that the height would change after the system cooled down. This was after normal to off-road a couple of times. I thought it seemed that the system must be pretty small.

Is there some thought as to how many times you can go normal to high and high to normal, in a certain time span prior to getting the "cooling" error message?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
"Compressor filling too slow"

All it says.
Sounds like ,as you have previously stated, that they may be taking the easy way out by not giving a detailed written report:rolleyes:

I will try and copy what I have and see if I can post here if that will help.

Cheers
John

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
schafari said:
Recently off-roading, I was getting the message that the height would change after the system cooled down. This was after normal to off-road a couple of times. I thought it seemed that the system must be pretty small.

Is there some thought as to how many times you can go normal to high and high to normal, in a certain time span prior to getting the "cooling" error message?
Since my repair I no longer get the Cool down msg, but I still can get Raising slow after cycle from norm to access to off road 3 or 4 times in quick succession ( as fast as I can) HTH

Cheers
John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635