Uneven ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drstan

Reaction score
I have an 06 LR3. It feels like the passenger side rides lower than the driver side. To test this out I put the truck in the garage and with the vehicle running so the air suspension is leveling. When I measure to the top of the rear wheel opening I get 34 inches on the driver side and 33 inches on the passenger side. Has anyone else had a problem with the ride height feeling uneven and if so what was done to fix it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe it's accounting for the driver's bodyweight....you should try measuring it with someone in the driver's seat.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to visit your local stealership

Dorsett

Reaction score
It is hard to believe but your height difference is within the manufacturer's acceptable tolerances (at least according to my dealer).

Within days of buying my LR3 I noticed the vehicle tilted left to right. In my garage I placed a level on the floor and then on the rear bumper. The surfaces were planner. I then measured from the floor to bottom of the bumper, both left and right hand sides. I repeated the measurements at the top of the bumper, both left and right again.

My vehicle tilts 3/4" left to right. I couldn't believe it, so I took it back to the dealer. The mechanics checked all systems and nothing was amiss. According to the service rep, the is a 1" difference which is within acceptable tolerances. I expressed my disbelief, but he told me not to worry.

It has never felt right, but (for me) it is not enough to trade in the vehicle. I am concerned, however, about uneven wear after 100,000+ miles.

drstan

Reaction score
Thanks Dorsett for the infomation. I think i will still bring it up to the dealer at my next service check and see if they have the same opinion. Any ill effects from it tilting or is it just an annoyance?

Dorsett

Reaction score
After 48,500 miles there are no ill effects.

It is annoying as I approach the vehicle in my garage or a parking lot. I guess I've gotten used to it when I'm driving, so it doesn't bother me.

With all of today's design and engineering talent I'm surprised a company like Land Rover would accept a 1" tolerance.

I agree, you should ask your dealer about the tilt. I'm interested to hear whether you get the same response.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
it must be common.
I also have the 3/4" difference.
Im an 05 w/47k miles.

my next trip to the dealer, I'll mention it..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...some things are best not measured. I don't know if I have a tilt or not, but I'm not going to check! :)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I would blow a nut if my $50k car didn't sit straight. Especially since we have that wonderful self leveling suspension. And on top of it all the dealer says that's just the way it is!!?? I'd take it to another dealer and if that didn't work, I'd mess around with my suspension height arms til I got it level. There's a post somewhere on here about how to shorten the arms to fool the vehicle and achieve a lift. I suppose you could do it with just one arm to lift one side?

Dorsett

Reaction score
Roverman,

I agree. For all that money and the vehicle is not level. That's why I took it back to the shop three days after buying it.

I looked into my state's lemon law, and contemplated returning the vehicle for another new one. I purchased an 05 in December of 05, got a great deal and really liked the color combination. Under the lemon law the dealer only has to give me a comparable vehicle, not an exact replica. This coupled with the fact that there were very few 05s left in January 06. Because the dealer said a 1" tilt was an acceptable tolerance I knew I would spend a lot of time debating the issue. I also knew the dealer had control over all warranty repairs and maintenance for the next 40,000 miles. After a quick cost/benefit analysis I decided to wait and watch it for the first 40,000 miles.

I don't have the experience or self confidence to adjust the arms. Maybe in retirement.

Dorsett

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4