Update on my HSE Nav issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
They called back.. basically they are saying it's not deceptive trade act because I saw the vehicle. They would only be willing to do a free of charge consignment sale for me, but I would still lose money on the vehicle. I'm not having my name tied to a frauded/faked HSE. Looks like I'm consulting legal counsel. :eek:

Good luck!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They called back.. basically they are saying it's not deceptive trade act because I saw the vehicle. They would only be willing to do a free of charge consignment sale for me, but I would still lose money on the vehicle. I'm not having my name tied to a frauded/faked HSE. Looks like I'm consulting legal counsel. :eek:

It's clearly fraud when the badge doesnt match the bill. good luck!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think this will get kind of messy... :ahhhhh:
curious, are you missing any other features listed on paper? do you have surround cams, xenon, parking assist..etc?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any ads that indicate it was an HSE?
What does your paperwork say?
Anything in writing that confirms they said it had SAT....does the sale department confirm they ****** told you it had it...that it was an HSE, etc?

Obviously all things you will discuss with your attorney....sad that you have to lawyer up..what a bunch of **** bags....

.all

Reaction score
Paperwork has discrepancies. It has just LR4 written on some, HSE written on others and even Lux written on the purchase order:confused: ... whats SAT? All the ads have HSE written... here is the link to the ad (hope it's not against TOS or anything)

We didn't discuss ****** I have an email that says it has Nav. HSE was written on the ad, and on the vehicle. The salesman didn't know anything really about the car besides how it was a nice car ect. I believe I have proof that they knew about it being a base because I called the bank, the bank has it down as a base. If they would have told the bank HSE then the bank would go after them. So I think we have the proof that they knew or atleast they didn't tell the bank HSE. It just sounds more and more shady..

I didn't want to lawyer up but thats where it's going....

Do you have any ads that indicate it was an HSE?
What does your paperwork say?
Anything in writing that confirms they said it had SAT....does the sale department confirm they ****** told you it had it...that it was an HSE, etc?

Obviously all things you will discuss with your attorney....sad that you have to lawyer up..what a bunch of **** bags....

.all

Reaction score
It's missing it all actually. I do take blame because we should have been more prepared to know what an HSE had. We just knew we wanted the nav and hse came with it, so we got it. I honestly didn't think to look at the other features because they didn't mean much to me (at the time). The dummy button is what threw me for the loop.. I didn't think to check for any of the other features its still under 100% manufacturer warranty nice clean vehicle.

curious, are you missing any other features listed on paper? do you have surround cams, xenon, parking assist..etc?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quote from the page "
TEXAS IMPORT SALES is honored to present a wonderful example of pure vehicle design... this 2012 Land Rover LR4 LR4 HSE 7 only has 3,870 miles on it and could potentially be the vehicle of your dreams!"

"You can take the guesswork out of searching for your destination with this LR4 LR4 HSE 7's installed Navigation system. There is no evidence of prior damage or paintwork on this LR4 LR4 HSE 7."

i suggest you save a screen cap of the page before they take it down.

http://www.texasimportsales.com/web/used/Land-Rover-LR4-2012-Dallas-Texas/1118631/

.all

Reaction score
How did I miss that!? THANK YOU! It's screenshot, saved, and printed!

quote from the page "
TEXAS IMPORT SALES is honored to present a wonderful example of pure vehicle design... this 2012 Land Rover LR4 LR4 HSE 7 only has 3,870 miles on it and could potentially be the vehicle of your dreams!"

"You can take the guesswork out of searching for your destination with this LR4 LR4 HSE 7's installed Navigation system. There is no evidence of prior damage or paintwork on this LR4 LR4 HSE 7."

i suggest you save a screen cap of the page before they take it down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99