Update on my HSE Nav issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
After spending 8 hrs in Dallas yesterday at LR we have come to a conclusion... IT'S NOT AN HSE! It's a base disguised as an HSE. I don't feel bad about not realizing because it took LR that long to figure it out. A salesman actually picked upon it... After reading my paperwork in-depth again, there is a spot on the purchase order that says its a LUX. I'm aware its not a lux, I'm guessing that is a typo but nonetheless, its not an HSE. I'm prepared to call the dealer today and attempt to get this sale canceled :mad:

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get written documentation from LR that it's not an HSE? I suppose there is an HSE decal on the tailgate? Because the dealer who sold you the vehicle can say that since there is a decal, they would not have been able to check it out, especially if they purchased it thinking it was indeed an HSE.

BTW, was the dealership on Lemmon Ave - across from Mercedes and Lexus?

.all

Reaction score
Yes, LR gave me documentation that backs me up saying it is NOT an HSE. I have an email from the salesman before I went to purchase it that told me ti did infact have Nav.There is a decal on the tailgate. Carfax shows it as a base.

It wasn't an LR dealership that I purchased it from (which I kick myself in the rear for now). We purchased it from Texas Import Sales on Venture dr. I really didn't think twice because they sell luxury sports cars and such. The LR dealership I was at yesterday is on N. Central Expressway. They were wonderful by the way.

Were you able to get written documentation from LR that it's not an HSE? I suppose there is an HSE decal on the tailgate? Because the dealer who sold you the vehicle can say that since there is a decal, they would not have been able to check it out, especially if they purchased it thinking it was indeed an HSE.

BTW, was the dealership on Lemmon Ave - across from Mercedes and Lexus?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....thats horrible. I never thought to check other HSE / Lux features. I assume it does NOT have passive keyless entry (little buttons near all 4 door handles) and that the side mirrors do not fold in when you lock. Those are base only features.

Please let us know what happens. If you don't care about built in Nav, or the other features that come with a HSE, you might be able to get a great discount over returning the car....but after this experience, I would be wondering what else is being hidden...

.all

Reaction score
No, it does not- according to LR they documented that it does not have Nav, Rear Camera, keyless entry, no folding mirrors. I'm waiting for the dealership to open now so I can discuss this with them. I emailed the dealer prior to driving 2 hrs to the dealership and asked if it had Nav. I have an email from the salesman telling me YES IT DOES HAVE NAV. Nav was a main deal for me because I live in an area I'm not very familiar with. I had LR do a whole overall check but the reason I brought it in was because NAV and voice commands were not working. This LR4 has a nav button but LR calls it a dummy button. I still love LR but it's not the one for me. The company has good reviews online with several negative but to me it seemed like petty claims so I dismissed them. They are rated A+ with BBB but have 12 or so claims in the last 12 months.. Guess I was too excited to finally get my LR4... I don't feel too bad about not noticing though because like I said it took LR from 11:00-4:00 yesterday to figure out it wasn't an HSE.

edited: I didn't mess with the "nav" at the dealership because I saw the big screen and the nav button so I assumed it was fine ... guess thats what I get from ASSuming

Wow....thats horrible. I never thought to check other HSE / Lux features. I assume it does NOT have passive keyless entry (little buttons near all 4 door handles) and that the side mirrors do not fold in when you lock. Those are base only features.

Please let us know what happens. If you don't care about built in Nav, or the other features that come with a HSE, you might be able to get a great discount over returning the car....but after this experience, I would be wondering what else is being hidden...

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder who put the badge on the car, the previous owner or the lot? At least you verified that your local LR dealer is helpfull. I would speculate that you paid 4k or so more for an hse...ouch....still amazed that someone added the badge....

.all

Reaction score
Good question... as of now we have no idea where the HSE badge has come from. I just wished I would have looked into the options a little more carefully when purchasing. Lesson learned I suppose.

.all

Reaction score
Just spoke with the dealership.... he's talking to the sales manager to see what they can come up with. I have also contacted a lawyer, I do not intend to have a lawsuit but if need be it unfortunately will go there. They advertised and reassured me one thing, then I find out it's another. Nothing right about that situation.

Last edited:

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with the dealership.... he's talking to the sales manager to see what they can come up with. I have also contacted a lawyer, I do not intend to have a lawsuit but if need be it unfortunately will go there. They advertised and reassured me one thing, then I find out it's another. Nothing right about that situation.

sorry to hear about your situation. keep us posted and hopefully it'll have a positive outcome.

.all

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your situation. keep us posted and hopefully it'll have a positive outcome.

Just faxed over a formal request for them to pay off the vehicle in full and give my deposit back. I'll go to LR and get what I thought I got originally... it's a waiting game now I suppose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99