Update on my HSE Nav issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't all 2012 LR4's badged with the HSE on the tailgate - even base models? LR confused a lot of people when they came out with about 5 trim levels for the LR4 in 2010 - wasnt thought out all that well. In 2011 and 2012 I believe they reeled in the options down to only 3 trim options: HSE Base, HSE Lux, and HSE ______. I could be wrong, just going off of what I remember from the sales brochure.

.all

Reaction score
Good question, I'm not sure. The LR dealership made the comment you can buy HSE badges online... Now I'm going to check my brochure.

Aren't all 2012 LR4's badged with the HSE on the tailgate - even base models? LR confused a lot of people when they came out with about 5 trim levels for the LR4 in 2010 - wasnt thought out all that well. In 2011 and 2012 I believe they reeled in the options down to only 3 trim options: HSE Base, HSE Lux, and HSE ______. I could be wrong, just going off of what I remember from the sales brochure.

.all

Reaction score
brochure for 2012 says LR4, LR4 HSE, LR4 HSE Lux

.all

Reaction score
I have screen shots with dates and everything. Only thing I wish I had was the convo between the salesman and I or the sales manager and I. Waiting for the Consumer Law lawyer to call me back.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question, I'm not sure. The LR dealership made the comment you can buy HSE badges online... Now I'm going to check my brochure.

HSE or not, the ad advertises navigation, which you do not have.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can buy any LR model OEM decal online. I switched my LR4 decal to Discovery 4.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that screenshot that has HSE and that quote about nav is golden. Assuming it has the correct vin, I think you are solid. It just depends on how difficult they want to be...btw, the description of equipment is exactly what I would expect for a base that has the 3rd row seat package (that is part of the HSE options list). Make sure your print out and screen caption also has one of the pictures that shows the HSE badge....

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
although, at the bottom, it also has the typical cover your a$$ legal boilerplate..

"DEALER makes no representations, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective purchaser or owner of this vehicle as to the existence, ownership, accuracy, description or condition of the listed vehicle's equipment, accessories, price, specials or any warranties. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to the sale of this vehicle."

.all

Reaction score
Well all I can do is talk to the lawyer and see where it stands. I have a feeling they will have some loophole that will get them through. I'm still very happy with the vehicle, but it just sucks that it's not what I thought I was getting. Basically instead of getting a good price on an HSE I just over paid for base.

although, at the bottom, it also has the typical cover your a$$ legal boilerplate..

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread bothers me. My truck arrives in 2 weeks, HSE with all of the options but lux. I noticed a number of issues with the original order itself and had the dealer correct it before the cutoff date(missing option packages). I'm interested to see how this goes....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9