Vibration & Sound from Driver's Side wheel diagnosis??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello!
question for the group- I have a vibration & Sound (almost rubbing but not) emanating from my drivers side front wheel. I was on my way back from a road trip yesterday when this sound started to occur. I thought it was something in the brakes as it is cyclical/rotation related. It is not the brakes (i just took them apart) and all looks fine. My only thought is a possible hub & Bearing or the CV half axle. The Hub is fairly new, and there is no damage to any of the half axle boots. I have had a failure of a hub, and it does not sound like it is that. (FYI replaced diff fluid in 2020).
Does anyone have any clue what this might be?
It is a 2007 LR3 HSE running 32" tires it has 88k miles. I have been on top of all maintenance and just looking for any insight.
Thanks,
James

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem on the rear side and it was the hub being slightly warped. As it rubbed it would heat up even more and got more warped during the rotations. Once I got that fixed the problem went away

ggrupea

Reaction score
Hi, maybe the problem could be on the diff joint to the axle, or a dry axle.

if you try to make a video with the noise and share I could try to help you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV