Warning lights Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

ChrisK

Hi can anyone advise?
I own a Freelander 2.0 Xedi.
Tonight for some reason my Traction control, ABS, & Hillcent Decline warning lights All stay on after start up.I have looked in my owners manual and its says if the don't go out after a few seconds after turning the ignition key, then there is a problem! The three lights are coloured Amber now stay on all the time. If you select Hillcent Decline and 1st gear the Green Hillcent decline light will not light up. When you apply the Brakes hard you Can feel the ABS working under the brake pedal.The only thing that has change from Normal is that the weather is very cold below 0c and icy.This has never happened before and is got me puzzled.?
Regards
Chris K

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check brake fluid level, also depending on mileage you may have some water/contamination in the brake fluid. I would flush and see if this helps.

Could also be a dirty ABS sensor.

C

ChrisK

Thanks Joey for the info, I have now managed to sort it.
I think it was the brake switch under the foot pedal had come loose abit.
I reseated the conections and secured it and now all lights have gone out.
Keeping fingers crossed.
Chris K

R

RoostasTowel

Same thing happened to me. If you do a search you will find the thread in this forum. I had to replace the switch, Landrover said that it was a common problem and the switch had been redesigned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM