What are the signs that your swivel ball is going bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Evian

What should I been listening for? I am about to buy a 93 Range Rover and I am sure the owner didn't maintain this truck well. I am getting the truck for $1750. It runs well according to him. I haven't yet driven it. The truck is an electricain worst nightmare. He has panels removed here and there. The console is broken. The truck's interior looks like one you find in a junkyard. He has all the pieces but they are all over the place. I am concerned about those swivel balls I saw on the truck. I hear they are expensive to replace. What signs should I be looking for that could warn me of a problem? I know the best way of checking is removing the bolt and checking the fluid or grease level but I don't think he will allow me to disassemble his truck any further.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check to make sure that they look clean when you look at them.... you should see nice clean area where the wheels turn, and some grease or oil look to the outsides.... if you don't see this, then you may have problems.... also check when test driving for a lot of slop in the steering or excessive play or shimmy when hitting bumps.

C

CAWMDO

Ummm.... based on what you said, why would you want to get into this truck? It might seem cheap, but what till it eventually cost you to bring it up to spec.? My experiences have taught me that electrical gremlins are the worst to figure out and fix.

D

disco1

It seems to me that you are buying the other guys problems. It's obviously an iceberg....the visible problems you mentioned are probably 20% of the problems. This vehicle has been poorly maintained and unless you have spare cash you don't want, I wouldn't buy it.

M

matthewk121

Right on. Does not sound like a great deal. Trust me, there are many better deals out there if you keep looking. As long as your willing to find yourself a better deal you will have the upperhand. I got my '90 rr county for 1800 and it is in great condition inside and out and well maintained. Definitely keep looking or talk him waaaay down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635