What color is your battery indicator eye? Mine black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

After having to jump my LR3 twice in about six drives, or 10 days. (I have not had to jump any of my previsous vehicles in my memory, or at least 4+ years)

I checked my battery on my brand new 05 LR3. The battery indicator eye is black. It is supposed to be glowing bright green. This is after the battery has been recharged.

On you new 05 LR3, is your battery condition eye indicator black or greeen?

1. My indicator is BLACK
2. My indicator is GREEN

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your battery is just plain bad, have the dealer replace it. Batteries can go bad just like anything else.

S

schafari

Yes, it is likely bad; however, when I did a search on the LR3 and battery, a large number of posts came up with folks with new LR3s and extremely short battery life before running out of juice to start the car. That is extremely rare for a brand new car/battery.

Once cleaning I did notice the eye was dark on the battery. Just thought it was current lighting. However, it is always dark and should not be. May be just mine.

I am very curious to what others have when they go out and actually check the indicator on their battery that shows its state.

U

UnbrknCh8n

Mine is green ('05 SE with factory battery, 24K miles, no electrical problems, not had to jump... yet).

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's green schafari. I've never had a problem. (12 1/2 months now.) If your '05 vehicle was sitting there a while before purchase and the battery was not maintained by an external charger, it may have increased the chances of battery failure.

Anyway, it all depends on what people think is "extremely short." I'd say leaving your headlights on for >20 minutes and having the battery drain to the point it can't start is fairly normal behavior for an overly electronic vehicle.

Upgrade to a monster battery if you are worried. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635