Where to mount a radar dector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

After thinking it through for many days, I cannot find a good place for a radar detector in the LR3. The dash does not work due to it being multiple level. I have never liked the window mount option at all. Where/what does everyone do?

I believe I am going to purchase a remote mount detector unit. The ****** SR7 or the Bel Pro RX75 Plus Does anyone have experience with these?

I'll be wiring one of those up, so I"ll need to be up in the dash and in the engine bay firewall. Any tips on interior wire routing, panel removal, etc.?

Thanks.

X

xcursion

How about if you get a wireless radar detector like the ****** Solo so you don't have to mess with all the wiring? It will fit nicely above the rear-view mirror.

D

daytomann

Doesnt the V1 have a concealed mount unit? I'm not sure where the detector mounts but the display is mounted where its easy for you to see it??? I dont know the specifics..

S

schafari

The problem with all dash mount units is that the dash is not level at any point, and the windshield is very close to the dash at the lower part. I have a top of the line Bel (which I got rid of my Valentine 1 for due to constant false alarms on the V1) that I have a non-slip pad on the dash, but it looks horrendous. The windshield mount above the rear view mirror would be great if I could hard mount it. Suction cup to the window does not strike me as usable in vehicles for the long term, especially a 4x4.

Has anyone pushed wires through the firewall on the LR3 yet? Any good existing spots? Any tips on removing interior panels?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635