Windshield Cowl Grille Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012's was sun-damaged and tried that Forever Black stuff but it ended up washing off in a month. Grabbed the part for about $80 + shipping and found this vid

(LR3 apparently has the same part). Right wiper arm was seized to the post but some WD-40 rust release, 10 minute wait and a rubber mallet did the trick.

View attachment 11517

View attachment 11518

View attachment 11519

View attachment 11520

View attachment 11522

*Unrelated - if anyone knows how I can reset my emissions tests for I/M readiness (failed inspection), that'd be helpful

Be happy that your cowl had a nice peaceful passing. Ours endured a violent death at the hands of a tech (from a large unnamed windshield repair/replacement company) who thought the best way to get the cowl seal out of the way was to cut it off with box cutters. Good grief. lol
(No, they didn't replace it when finished with the windshield replacement... yes, they left it jagged and cut. Also, the windshield was the wrong part/size.) :vollkomme

Yours looks great, by the way; good work! :beer:

SkyTree

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM