winshield queston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

semicntrldchaos

Hey guys a couple months ago when i bought my used 2005 lr3 hs model i had some problems with a leaking windshield (near the pillars). The dealership resealed it and right as i was driving off the lot i found more water leaking but this time in a different area more near the top of the windshield. Well anyway me and my wife were furious after this and we not only complained about the shoddy job but how when we first bought the car we found a small chip in the glass of the windshield (very small, slightly bigger than the period on the key on your computers keyboard) it wasn't a big deal at the time but since we were so furious about the leaking we decided to bring it up anyway. They eventually replaced the whole windshield under warranty.

well anyway yesterday i was driving along about a 2 hour trip up to New Hampshire and i heard some of the normal sand from trucks and such hitting my car (i HATE WINTER). THere were 2 bigger sounds that sounded like a slightly bigger pebbles. I was just like ooooww ouch. Eventually i notice a small crack going across my window horizontally all the way from my right pillar into the center about 3 or 4 inches. I looked at it from the outside and it only looked like a nice small sized pebble hit the windshield. Eventually with the rest of the drive back home to CT the crack about doubled in size.

My question to you guys is what is the best thing you think i can do. Im just so tired of the problems i have been having and my second life at the dealership. I might as well pitch a tent and sleeping bag and stay there.

You think i can claim manufacturers defect? Is this my own fault? Should i call insurance?

THanks a bunch in advance!

Tony

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think i can claim manufacturers defect? Is this my own fault? Should i call insurance?

Tony,

Ask yourself this:

A.... should Land Rover be responsible for stone chips?

B.... how close were you following the truck ?

C.... do you have glass coverage , and if you do...... what's the issue?

I think you will find your answer :)

John

S

semicntrldchaos

sometimes i just need a little advice to clear my head. I get to frustrated sometimes. Especially because off all the problems i initially had w/ it. But those are fixed and i love it! I will call the insurance right away! Thanks again man.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sunroof drains are Clogged. Open the roof pour a small amount of water in the "gutter " of the sunroof then look on the groung to see if it drained out on the drive way.
If it didn't go back and ask them to clean the sunroof drains out.

rirover

Reaction score
After we bought our LR3, I immediately called my insurance agent to make sure we had full glass coverage. I have never owned a vehicle with so much glass and so expensive glass with the heated winshield. My car insurance is through my business and none of my work truck have glass coverage, but the LR3 is listed as a passenger vehicle so it was covered. The sunroof is not considered winshield glass, but is normally covered under the rest of the policy as a normal body part.

Drew888

Reaction score
Our windshield appeared fine one night then the next morning it had a 8" crack in it.
This is in Sunny SoCal, and in the garage.

???

It is indeed expensive.

BTW, 12k miles and zero issues.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Drew888 said:
Our windshield appeared fine one night then the next morning it had a 8" crack in it.
This is in Sunny SoCal, and in the garage.

Gerbils, they can sneak in almost anywhere and crack the hell out of your windshield.

At least that is what I would say if I was a 10 year old. You got any little kids that could have been in the garage?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99