Wiring offroad LED's to the factory fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has done this care to shed some light on the subject? :) I was considering taping into the front and rear fog lights and just using the factory wires and switches to control a light bar in front and 2 rear spots.

Thanks for any input!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but the foglight circuit goes off when hi-beams are selected (at-least NAS vehicles are wired this way). This may not be an issue for you depending on how powerful you offroad lights are, maybe your hibeams are now longer needed.

You should run the fog-light 12v positive to a relay and then the offroad lights on separate fused circuit. If not, then your offroad lights might overload the fog light power supply wiring.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bring up some good points, yeah the front lights are on a roof rack and will be projected out so if I couldn't use my high beams simultaneously it shouldn't be a problem. I see you have lights up top too, what route did you take with your wires?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo