X-bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...anyone know how to take these off?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock ones? Insert key, lift the release. Then you need to slide them to the center of the track where there is an opening in the track guide for them to be lifted out.

Helps to have someone assist, one person on each side of the vehicle to slide them so they don't bind in the track.

You can also download the installation instructions here. Be sure to maximize your the browser window so you can see all of the search instructions: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....tried to do just what you said. When I got the dang things to the middle of the track (WD40 required!) they were not coming up. I thought for sure there would be another step as it seemed like more than simple friction keeping them in place. Thanks for the link.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Looks like steps 9 and 10 show a "pulling" outward of the crossbars and then tightening with the Allen Wrench. I probably need to do these steps in reverse to get them to lift up and off the track. Thanks again John!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635