Your results may vary... (CR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine, but...

**Best and worst predicted reliability, according to Consumer Reports survey research.**

Midsized SUVs
Most reliable (Best score first)
Toyota Highlander Hybrid* (pictured)
Toyota 4Runner
Toyota Highlander
Honda Pilot
Lexus RX400h* (hybrid)
2006 Acura MDX

Least reliable (Worst score first)
Mercedes-Benz M-class*
Land Rover LR3 (V8)
Cadillac SRX (V8)
Mercedes-Benz R-class*
Volkswagen Touareg
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hummer H3*
2006 BMW X5 (V8)
Volvo XC90 (I6 and V8)
Ford Explorer (V8)
Mercury Mountaineer (V8)

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is old news. Also, these results were compiled before the 2006 LR3s were being delivered. Why post this anyway?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why post this you ask? because its LR3 related. I found it interesting, I'm sure someone else will also.

Old news? Sorry if it is, but the CNN article came out on 11/10 and mentioned "Consumer Reports' annual new car reliability survey" results. So, they either ran out of stories to write or maybe CR just released full data. Either way lighten up, I'm not a hater. Its just news. :)

This is a "predicted reliability" ranking which appears in the 2007 New Car Preview issue of Consumer Reports magazine. So, maybe they're using the "old news" you are referring to as a prediction for '07.

Here's the entire story;
http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/08/autos/cr_most_reliable/index.htm

(if you scroll through the "Photos" link you'll get to the list of midsize SUV results)

Last edited by a moderator:

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Todd on this one. . .It's just good to know the facts. This is especially true when the service dealers tell you they have "very few problems" with this vehicle (on your fourth return trip to get the A-Pillar leak fixed).

Also, Consumer Reports is not JD Powers. They were looking at the 2005 LR3. The LR3 has been out there long enough to make the distinction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM