DuraTracs - Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks guys. I was considering putting my spare up top on the roof rack that I am designing with Voyager.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks guys. I was considering putting my spare up top on the roof rack that I am designing with Voyager.
I have mine up there now and works well, but takes up a bit of room. I am currently working on a spare tire swing away (doing it custom) for when I install my Kaymar rear bumper.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting it custom build in a local shop. The guy can weld so I'm just worried about how its going to look I wanted to fit the 265/65r18 and I high lift jack for looks without blocking the right taillight

Koppo

Reaction score
I have the Goodyear Duratracs in 265/656/R18 and I absolutely love them. I had previous experience with them on my Hummer H3 and had zero problems. The behave well on pavement, stick like glue in snow and ice, and they perform very well off road, even in the mud. An all around good tire and a good match for my LR4.
I'm a little confused: I'm looking to put 265/65/18 Duratrac's on my V8 '07, LR3. Can you run these on stock 18" rims without a lift, software adjustment or any spacers and have no chafe? Thanks for any advice.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused: I'm looking to put 265/65/18 Duratrac's on my V8 '07, LR3. Can you run these on stock 18" rims without a lift, software adjustment or any spacers and have no chafe? Thanks for any advice.

Yes you can. You'll only have a slight rub at full lock.

Koppo

Reaction score
265/65/18 Duratrac's

Thanks very much. We will be using the LR3 in Denver and surrounds year round. When you say a "little chafe on full lock" I have heard of chafe that cuts through the air-co line in the rear wheel well. Maybe this is for a different size tire. I just don't want to get in a situation that I have to lift the car because I'm told doing so will mean differential and rear axle problems over the long run. Do you have any other advice to pass on? All advice very apprecaited.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should only get some rub at the frame horns behind the front wheels when you turn fully (lock to lock). In the rear, you will get a very very slight rub at full articulation (compressed suspension) on the plastic fender liner. This goes away very quickly as you get just the slightest bit of tire wear. Perfectly acceptable at the 265/65/18 size.

The only time I have ever read about people doing the AC line move is when fitting even larger tires and removing the plastic linings. Not at all necessary at the 265/65/18 size.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surfrider is correct about the rubbing. No worries to have and you won't shred your tires on the front or the hvac lines on the rear.

Took out the Duratrac on snow and ice. Performed really well. Same as a winter tire on snow and about 85 to 90% equivalent on ice.
I love them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72