Pending LR4 purchase questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the PPI. Forgot to ask if the '11 is still under warranty? Aside from the obvious engine/drivetrain checks, there are a few other odd things I would point out. Have your guy look at the rubber cowling at the base of the windshield. Mine started to dimple in the middle and was replaced under warranty. Also check the operation of the 3rd row seats as you deploy and then stow them. The receiver for the seat belt buckle is supposed to lay flat when you put the seats down. On some vehicles this mechanism is faulty and the receiver stays pointing up which forces you to reach in with your fingers to push it down (against spring tension) while simultaneously locking the seat down the final few inches. Not a big deal, but one of these days it's gonna cause a nice finger pinch. I'm due to get that fixed on my last warranty visit (I'm at 45K now).

PS: Let us know if you get the '11. I will share details of my BT workaround if you haven't already seen it on this forum.

Still under warranty for another ~7 months, plus may have CPO (not at an LR dealer so need to verify.) Thanks for the tips for the PPI. If that is all that shows up, great. The chain guide issue is a bit scary, otherwise just want to verify condition of brakes, bushings, and overall service quality. Anything wear and tear will be on my nickel so want to make sure price reflects that.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still under warranty for another ~7 months, plus may have CPO (not at an LR dealer so need to verify.) Thanks for the tips for the PPI. If that is all that shows up, great. The chain guide issue is a bit scary, otherwise just want to verify condition of brakes, bushings, and overall service quality. Anything wear and tear will be on my nickel so want to make sure price reflects that.

I struck up a relationship with a local independent LR shop shortly after getting my '11 LR4 in March. I did this even though I had nearly 18 months and 20K miles left under warranty. When I bought this vehicle as a preowned from a non-LR dealer, they gave me a bunch of free oil changes as part of the deal but I never even considered taking it back there for any kind of service, free or not. Hope the PPI goes well.

chinochulo

Reaction score
Cperez I have a 2011 and wish I had BT audio. What is your $35 workaround?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cperez I have a 2011 and wish I had BT audio. What is your $35 workaround?

It is the Kinivo BTC-450 device that interfaces with your LR's AUX and power ports on the back of your center console. Search this forum on the item name I just provided for a couple of threads where it is discussed. In the meantime, here is a link to one of those threads with a photo of the device on my dash:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=151224&postcount=4

Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72