To compo or not to compo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that size yes but if you just let them wear out a bit it will stop rubbing at full lock. I'm a bit OCD and it only cost me 30 bucks for the shop to do it.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that size yes but if you just let them wear out a bit it will stop rubbing at full lock. I'm a bit OCD and it only cost me 30 bucks for the shop to do it.

Funny. I put over 10k miles on my tires installed on the 10 spokes LR3 rims and it never stopped rubbing...
Happily switched over to the Compos and I do get a little rubbing but not as much. Different offset.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read it here that it stop once you got some were on them but it bothers me to much that's why I decided to cut the horns.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read it here that it stop once you got some were on them but it bothers me to much that's why I decided to cut the horns.

Yes I read the same thing on ExPo. Truth is, not that many people have run this setup, so...
I've been wanting to cut my frame horns too but haven't gotten to it yet.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of those crazy ppl that does that to a LR4. After I cut the frame hornes the tires now rub on the TR rock sliders grrrrr

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of those crazy ppl that does that to a LR4. After I cut the frame hornes the tires now rub on the TR rock sliders grrrrr

That sucks. But on the positive side the LR4 is just a car/ truck so it's just fine to cut it and weld it.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Its funny all grief I get from people for doing what I did to my LR4 since they se it as a luxury vehicle a princess. I look at it as a toy my girl with tattoos haha

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That made me laugh. That's a great comparison ;) mine is a dude with big muscles tho. My wife named him Bert.
Gosh, I've drilled into the dash, stock light plate, ripped off the front and rear bumpers, and have so much cutting and welding. I love it :)

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking were to mount a on board ARB air compressor just can't find a good stop. Thx to Umberto I know were the 2nd battery is going. I wanted looking as OEM as possible but with hidden tricks :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72