01 rover problems need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrew7825

Reaction score
truck is still under extended warranty but my local dealer cant seem to completely fix anything. constant coolant and oil leaks continue to occur one after one as soon as something is supposedly fixed i find another. i only have four months left under warranty and it seems like they are trying patch jobs so my warranty will run out. head gasket just blew 3 weeks ago i had it back a week then the heater core busted and coolant was leaking in the cab. i just got it out of the shop from that problem 4 days ago and i decided to pull it over a pit and look underneath. and can you believe it there is some sort of milky brown fluid all under the engine and on top the front differential. i cant tell where its coming from its everywhere. im guessing its oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, no clue only partially knowledged on diesel truck engines. in the last two years ive had suspension repairs, rear diff replaced, coolant leaks fixed numerous times, heat & ac electrical work, seat heater probe. we all know how expensive it is if there is a major component repair or replacement. other than that i love the truck, just want the real problems fixed before it starts coming out of my pocket. any advice or suggestions would be hugely appreciated. sorry my first post is a problem. looking forward to the good times with my rover again.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but it sounds like your Rover was built after a long night at the PUB... I recommend either keep fixing it under warranty, or it is time to find a new vehicle....

Normally I would never say to trade off a Rover, but yours sounds like it may have seen better days, and it isn't that old.

dbrew7825

Reaction score
yea somethings wrong with it its all happening at once its a clean taken care of rover only one owner before me. i just need the dealership to actually fix what ever is causing these leaks before warranty runs out. its gonna be hard to sell it if its a mess under the hood

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99