02 Sensor Issue, P0130

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leej

Reaction score
Hi All

I know there have been other threads on Oxygen Sensor replacement, but I replaced one about 6 months ago and now the codes say its bad again???? Details below:

I have a 2000 Discovery II with 85,000 miles on in. About 6 months ago, the Service Engine Soon (SES) light came on, and I had a code P0130 (no other codes). I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 Oxygen Sensor (Left Driver's side, in the front), (Bosch sensor from Autozone I think) and cleared the codes and everything was fine.

However, my SES light has come back on and I have the P0130 code again, and it has only six months after replacing this O2 sensor.

Is it possible that this sensor has gone bad in 6 months (no receipt, doubt they will cover the sensor under warranty)? Could it be something else? The O2 connector plug looks greasy (probably from leaking head gaskets), but not too bad? Any other ideas or should I just replace O2 sensor again?

Also, any suggestions on getting the connector plug disconnected and reconnected on the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor. That thing is really hard to reach!!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Lee
2000 Discovery II
85,000 miles

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lee,
I replied on your other thread, let the others know what you find.

leej

Reaction score
replaced O2, now P0134 P0135 P0155

Hi all

I replaced the Bank 1 Sensor 1 (left driver front) O2 Sensor, cleared codes and everything was good for about 10 minutes. Then another Service Engine Soon light...

Now I am getting the following codes:
P0134 Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0135 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0155 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1

Plugs and wires were replaced (by previous owner) about 2 years ago? Maybe they need replacing again?

Any ideas?

Lee
2000 Discovery
85,000 miles

leej

Reaction score
Update, problem solved.

Problem solved! Details below...

As stated in my previous post, after initially replacing the Bank 1 Sensor 1 (left hand drivers side front) O2 sensor, I kept getting the following codes:
P0134 Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0135 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0155 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1

So, based on advise from DiscoMike, I bought another Bosch front O2 sensor ($70 from local Autozone), ordered new STI 8mm plug wires ($70 from bputah.com), and Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs ($5.99 each from local Autozone).

I put the new O2 sensor in Bank 2 Sensor 1 (right hand passenger side, front "pre cat") so now both front O2 sensors are fresh and new. I also re-checked the connection on the Bank 1 Sensor 1 (left hand driver side front sensor), note I had already replaced this sensor a couple of days ago based on original P0130 code (Bank 1 Sensor 1), see my original posts above. Then I cleared the codes.

I haven't installed new wires and plugs yet (wires haven't arrived yet).

Anyway, started it up and haven't had anymore codes and running fine!

I presume the recent problem was the Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 sensor, and replacing BOTH front O2 sensors solved my problem. In the future I will alway replace O2 sensors in pairs (at least if they significant miles on them).

I'm glad to have the problem fixed, plus both front O2 sensors are now good to go. And even though I don't think the wires and plugs were my problem (yet), I'll be glad to have good 8mm wires and good plugs once I get them installed (at least now I will know the condition of the plugs and wires)... Although I am dreading changing out those plug wires.

Thank again to all!!!

Regards

Lee :proud:
2000 Discovery
85,000 miles

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now you will have no excuse, you are going to have to get out and hit the trails real soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99