1791 Navigation Hack and NEW 2008 Map Disc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally IMHO, it should be a PM request for info, then if someone was going to offer this it would be for the cost of the DL-DVD and shipping, but then again maybe I am just to helpful and willing to go out of my way to help others.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's really no need for that. Why not pick on hustlers, pimps or gangsters rather than lawyers in this regard?

Because "You will make a great **** one day!" didn't quite sound right in that context... And angasreid may be trying to bend the law a bit, but he ain't no ****! :wink: I was joking of course, we all know that individuals employed in the legal profession are ethical, honest and compassionate beyond reproach.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is more the $50 charge than anything else. If it was $10 maybe it wouldn't have ruffled so many feathers. The spirit of this forum is to help each other out, not make a profit from it. If a profit is desired, this is not the place to post. Put it on eBay or in the classified section.

I don't have a problem with the $50 at all. I'd even pay it if I ever used my Nav...but it is in fact totally illegal and $50 isn't much reward considering the risks you're opening yourself up to.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, normally when people post things they are seeking out opinions or input.
But obviously you are the exception and have thought this whole thing out brilliantly, so put me down for 50 dvd's. I'll send the $2500 asap. Then maybe I'll put a call in to navteq...

p.s. does anyone want to buy some ******?

ASH4889

Reaction score
So, many of you such as myself use the 1791 hack quite frequently. That said, a new 2008 Disc DVD is out. I've done the same process as before with the 2006-2007 DVD. I've removed the file that blocks the 1791 hack and all works well.

Some people may not trust themselves messing around with creating DVDs and whatnot. That said, if you would to have a copy of your own 2008 DVD with the 1791 hack enabled, I'd love you help a few of you all out again.

If you would like a copy/backup of the 2008 DVD, private message me and I'll fill you in.

Thanks!

Why wont the 1791 hack work if I installed a 2006 CD, I have a 2005 LR3???

ASH4889

Reaction score

I really don’t mind paying the amount he asks for it, I think it’s a good thing to have available and ready especially since I have had to pull over on the highway several times to input address in the Navigation system which was a pain and very dangerous :mad:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 1791 hack is disabled via a firmware update as soon as you load a 2006+ DVD. A workaround has been found, which requires removing one of the files and then burning a new DVD.

If you have already loaded a 2006+ DVD, then it is not reversible and 1791 is gone forever.

As a side note, the hack matches the last 4 digits of my cell phone number, so it is easy for me to remember!

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have already loaded a 2006+ DVD, then it is not reversible and 1791 is gone forever.

Not tracking on this one, my LR3 is an 06 and the 1791 works fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9