2007 LR3 w/ Bluetooth/Sirius installed... how do I connect my Ipod? Also.. Hi Nathan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
Tried searching, but I guess the question is too obvious. Recently acquired a 2007 LR3 SE with factory installed bluetooth/sirius. What do I need to do in order to hook up my ipod?

PS. Nathan, this is Mike Robinson. What's up? This your hobby now?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does yours have the input jack at the rear base of the center console? It's covered by a flap.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo! Mike!

Yeah man, I got my LR3 a few years back, and it radically changed my life. These machines are incredibly capable, and have opened up the vast outdoors we enjoy in SoCal. Check out www.sclr.org if you are still in the area.

As to your question, the AUX jack is in front of the center row of seats, on the back of the center console. It works okay, but the signal source is a bit damped, unacceptably to many. I had a car stereo place in Lake Forest patch a cable directly into the back of the headunit that has the iPod connector so that I can charge and listen at the same time, and the signal level is equal to the CD player. I love it, but don't have the technical details. It was under $100 to do, I highly reccommend it.

Here are links to my websites:
- Blog (lots of LR3 related stuff): www.nextstepdesigns.com
- Photos: http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Land Rover

I don't fly anymore, though I still keep a few race planes in the hanger, just in case. With all our off road stuff, the family comes with, and it is a good way to spend more time with them. It has got to the point where my wife would rent a Jeep and follow along (when we go to Moab) and now we decided to just get her a Jeep of her own, so having that has expanded our options even more, because it's amazing in the rocks.

Cheers,

Nathan Woods

305283425_TSXqF-XL.jpg

jak167

Reaction score
A lot of people have used aftermarket Ipod connectors. I used the stock one, purchased online. Instead of running the connector into the glovebox, I ran it over the radio, under the nav and up through the lower left corner of the nav screen. I had the trim out a little plastic at the corner of the front cover by the corner of the nav screen so it wouldn't pinch the wire. then I have a cellphone holder placed into the circle vent left of the nav screen where the ipod sits. Results in ipod readily handy and viewable, other connectors still in glovebox, and stock wiring used.

I also hardwired a usb cellphone charger into the system as well (both my wife and I use usb. just broke open plastic case from lighter charger, soldered two wires onto circuit board, clipped the other end into the wires for the lighter with simple wire clips, wrapped all in electrical tape and ran the cord through the same spot as the ipod connector. Now the cellphone can charge, lay flat on spot in front of nav screen, and connect via bluetooth. Also, phone is handy in case I need to access contact list or view texts.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
Yo! Mike!

Sounds cool, man. We just got it as a family vehicle, so I figured I'd use it for what it's good for while I'm at it. Took our first long drive in it today, and so far I'm really impressed.

Not planning on anything that can scratch it up... yet (it's nice, shiny, and scratchless right now). But I'm sure that I'll get braver with it later on. I'll be sure to check out SCLR.

I'm a decent hand at car stereos, so maybe I'll open it up and do what you did for your ipod. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM