Rear Seat DVD Installation (/w Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiggs

Reaction score
Great install ...can the screens be tilted up or down for the best view ..or are they stuck were they are ?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome work. I like that you can cover the screens too.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great install ...can the screens be tilted up or down for the best view ..or are they stuck were they are ?

Wiggs - the screens are fixed on this model. I did look at some others on eBay that tilted up and down - the price difference was 3x more for the tilting ones with the same feature set, so I went fixed. Right now they are comfortable for me - however, am 6' tall, so they probably aren't optimal for kids... (which, naturally, is why I bought them - figures! ;)

Do you happen to be the same "wiggs" over on disco3.co.uk? If so, I've been reading your posted schematics, trying to determine how to best integrate everything, once I pick receive my NAV system (Pioner Avic linc / F500BT); I'm thinking that I might like to try to use the phone mute to run the NAV system interrupt, or music off of the unit...

Cheers,

GTC

wiggs

Reaction score
Thanks ..might give them a try

Yes im the same wiggs from disco 3 .

On the 12 pin connector on the back of the stereo use these pins

PIN 3 - PHONE + ( input sound )
PIN 5 - PHONE - ( input sound )
PIN 10 - MUTE

Hope this helps ...contact me if you need any other diagrams etc ..happy to help

wiggs

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures from the front / side to see how much the headrest sits forward .. To compare it with the original ?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures from the front / side to see how much the headrest sits forward .. To compare it with the original ?

Hi Wiggs - nothing handy; unfortunately (well, perhaps not for me!), I'm off on holiday until March 8th, so won't be able to snap any pix for a couple of weeks. The replacement headrests actually sit quite a bit farther back then stock - at least an inch, perhaps even two.

Here's a quick photoshop (actually MsPaint!) of the two headrests, with some imaginary lines - it's my pic from the comparison before. Unfortunately the stock headrest isn't at right angles to the camera, but it should give you a bit of an idea of the difference...

Last edited:

wiggs

Reaction score
You dont know if these are multiregion dvd players do you ?

I have had no reply from mp3player store !!!

txAlfa

Reaction score
Hey gtc, I haven't been on the boards for awhile and was hoping to see how your headrests turned out...they look great! Thanks for the write-up. I'm also curious to see how you think the quality is in daylight. It looks like this would probably be the largest you would want to go as far as the size of the replacement headrest; too bad they didn't fit a larger screen/player in there.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont know if these are multiregion dvd players do you ?

I have had no reply from mp3player store !!!

No reply isn't that surprising; their customer service is pretty non-existant, but the products are cheap!

I'm about 99% sure that they play any region, but I'm not 100% sure - If I still have the manual kicking around, I'll look it up; I'm not super hopeful that the manual will show regions - it doesn't even list all the regular features!. I think my brother has a non North American DVD, and I'll give that a try and let you know what I find out.

Worst case you could probably burn your DVDs to an SD card or something.... though this is obviously a hassle...

Here's the listing from the manufacturers website:

Headrest Monitor with Built-In DVD Player
• Disc Format: MP3/WMA/DVD/DIVX/MPEG1/2/4 /MP4/JPEG/CD/VCD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R+/DVD-RW
• Built-in Universal TV Tuner ( NTSC / PAL / SECAM )
• Built-in USB/SD/MMC Port (File Format: MP3/WMA/JPEG/MPEG1/2/4 /DIVX etc.)
• Built-in FM Modulator (87.7, 87.9, 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7, 88.9 & 89.1 Mhz)
• extra RCA output to playback the DVD/USB/SD/MMC Player on other monitors.
• 7" TFT Active Matrix Mobile LCD Monitor
• High Resolution 480X3(RGB)X234
• Built-in infrared audio transmitter
• Built-in Speaker
• 2 video input & 1 audio input on V1
• Front earphone output jack
• Full function remote control with OSD
• 16:9 screen perfect for watching movies
• Wide viewing angle (L/R: 60 degrees, U/D: 60 degrees)
• Front control of color/brightness/contrast
• Single video input jack
• NTSC/PAL auto switchable
• Power supply: 12V DC
• Power consumption: 7W

Note that the listing does NOT match what is on the MP3PlayerStore website (they list resolution at 1920x480).

wiggs

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply :biggrin:

He has contacted me now and it is multi region.

I have ordered a pair ..just hope his postage is quick :wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635