2010 LR4 Fuel Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jet1970

Reaction score
FYI. My LR4 has 30k miles on it and has bad fuel sensors. The tank is full and the gauge reads empty.

It is in the shop now for this and the dreaded blue screen...

Anyone else having the fuel sensor problem?

Thanks,

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't had an issue with the fuel sending unit in my LR4. I had one in my Pathfinder that the LR4 replaced. So far, so good with the LR4. I'm not sure that I have heard of anyone lese with an LR4 having an issue with the fuel sending unit.

I think I read on the LR3 forum that a few people have had a problem here and there with incoreect tank readings. It may have been a carry over design.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have this problem on my 1998 Mercedes ML320 -- it would read empty when the tank is full. After a gallon or so has been used, then it would work again. Never did fix it though since my car was out of warranty.

ByGuile

Reaction score
never had this fuel sensor issue, or the blue screen of death

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as Umbertob points out, this is a known issue. Mine was replaced some time back, under warranty. Has not been a problem since.

vhousad

Reaction score
I too had this issue on my 2010 LR4, beginning at 13K miles. Fuel level would sporadically reflect 0. No rhyme or reason as to when I would see my actual fuel level or an empty tank.

3 days after warranty replacement , I started having another variation of the issue. This time, I knew from mileage that I was low on fuel yet the register was showing over 3/8 full. At the pump, I was able to put a shade under 20 gallons. After the refill, the register showed only 3/4 full. Took it back into the shop and evidently there was a crimp in the register line. It seems to be working fine again now. :hmpf:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I had the same problem the day I bought the truck. TSB fix and no issues since.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys were able to chime in. I guess I missed the fact that there was a TSB on the issue.

Rob

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also one of the few (the only?) TSBs I have ever read from Land Rover that basically states: "If you can't duplicate the issue in the shop through diagnostics, replace the whole friggin' thing anyway so your PO'd customer doesn't come back two days later with the same problem." :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM