2011 lr4 dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobaker4

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a recent addition to the LR family. Traded a 2005 BMW X5 4.8is for a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX. Great vehicle, love it until tonight... Went to a friends house was there for 3 hours, go to leave and the car is dead as a doornail. No lights no locks, nothing. Try jump starting, no luck. Call roadside, they send somebody who tries jumpstarting, no luck.
The guy who came said maybe a bad main? Any thoughts? They tow it tomorrow back to the dealer... Said it will be hard to tow as it is backed in to a steep driveway and the park brake is on.
:confused:

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I put 1,500 miles on it so far with no problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you folks anything I need to know or should do tomorrow.
Thanks!
-Josh

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning this on another thread in the past. Did you do a search? Good luck and plese let us know what happens.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jobaker4,

I am so sorry to hear about your truck - that sucks! This has never happened to me, but I do remember reading something about this issue in another thread. I would definitely do a search, but hopefully the dealership can clear up the issue. It's really discouraging to have these issues, but definitely keep us posted.

-David

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to make sure you are jump starting it right this vehicle has a battery monitoring system with a built in relay/fuse on the cable and has to be reset with factory computer. and the parking brake can be released manually as well.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a recent addition to the LR family. Traded a 2005 BMW X5 4.8is for a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX. Great vehicle, love it until tonight... Went to a friends house was there for 3 hours, go to leave and the car is dead as a doornail. No lights no locks, nothing. Try jump starting, no luck. Call roadside, they send somebody who tries jumpstarting, no luck.
The guy who came said maybe a bad main? Any thoughts? They tow it tomorrow back to the dealer... Said it will be hard to tow as it is backed in to a steep driveway and the park brake is on.
:confused:

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I put 1,500 miles on it so far with no problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you folks anything I need to know or should do tomorrow.
Thanks!
-Josh

The only thing worse would be if you were in Nepal, 500 km from home, and had this happen to you, even as a number of LR enthusiasts had tried to dissuade you from purchasing the vehicle in the first place.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing worse would be if you were in Nepal, 500 km from home, and had this happen to you, even as a number of LR enthusiasts had tried to dissuade you from purchasing the vehicle in the first place.

GF - the hypocrisy of your posts in this forum is incredible. You cry when people "get off topic" yet are an offender yourself. I am yet to read a single useful post from you yet. I realize I am also not adding anything useful here, but you are too much of a d*ck that I couldn't help myself.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
GF - the hypocrisy of your posts in this forum is incredible. You cry when people "get off topic" yet are an offender yourself. I am yet to read a single useful post from you yet. I realize I am also not adding anything useful here, but you are too much of a d*ck that I couldn't help myself.

Hoyas06 chiming in with obvious ignorance to the context of my post. It's always good to have the proper frame of reference before responding.

Btw, does anyone know how to contact an administrator? I have been physically threatened in a private message.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoyas06 chiming in with obvious ignorance to the context of my post. It's always good to have the proper frame of reference before responding.

Btw, does anyone know how to contact an administrator? I have been physically threatened in a private message.
Hey gfcronus,

Sorry to hear about the private message, that's definitely not appropriate. I have been unable to find any information about the administrators, but in the past I have contacted them through this link:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/sendmessage.php

I hope this helps - not sure if it's the right place, but closest thing I can find to getting ahold of them. Good luck.

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can't go around treating people like you do and expect no retaliation. I suggest you take the chance to reflect on your behavior and what you might have done to bring a threat on to yourself.

festus

Reaction score

This gets my vote for the most hilarious post of the year :laugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM