2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had the voice command activated on my '11 (purchased in July). I had to point the dealer and the local rep to this thread to convince them there was an available upgrade, but I give the dealer credit as they followed through and were able to get it done. That being said, the system is pretty disappointing. I can see why LR deactivated it. The commands are pretty unintuitive, it seems to have trouble understanding commands, and it is annoying that it cannot utilize the contacts on my iPhone (even though they are loaded up to the car each time it connects).

I have the iPhone 4, not the 4S. Wondering if upgrading to the 4S is would make this work better, with Siri. When you activate Siri, does she respond through the car's speakers, or does it activate the connection to the car's speakers only after a call is initiated?

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goblue95

1. I find the system works well for a few simple things, including calling contacts I have set up as favorites. "Navigation go home" is also a useful command that works every time.

2. Siri responds through the car's audio system whenever it's activated. Siri is a decent way to voice dial your iPhone contacts, after you physically activate it. I'm very happy I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S, due to Siri, the increased speed, and the better camera.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had the dealership activate your Voice Controls on your 2011 LR4 -- were you able to get them to replace the blank black button with the lit Voice Controls button on your steering wheel? It's hard to find the button in the dark. Since I don't use it all that often, I find that I often accidentally hit the green Phone button when I meant to hit that blank black voice activation button. If I see the lit voice button, it would be easier to remember to use that button.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had the dealership activate your Voice Controls on your 2011 LR4 -- were you able to get them to replace the blank black button with the lit Voice Controls button on your steering wheel? It's hard to find the button in the dark. Since I don't use it all that often, I find that I often accidentally hit the green Phone button when I meant to hit that blank black voice activation button. If I see the lit voice button, it would be easier to remember to use that button.

No didn't replace it. Just activated the voice control. I am not sure they will do it.

jnuz

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this done in Northern New Jersey? Just curious if there are any dealerships near me that know how to do this.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got mine switched on. Can't quite get it to work, mostly because I don't have the voice command list. Will look into the manual over the weekend.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got mine switched on. Can't quite get it to work, mostly because I don't have the voice command list. Will look into the manual over the weekend.

just say help when in voice command and it will list some commands you can use. The 2011 manual does not have anything pertaining to voice command. Is there a 2010 manunal we can access on line?

jnuz

Reaction score
For those that have had voice control activated, can you still input destinations into the Nav system while the vehicle is in motion?

barracloug

Reaction score
Just want to update that the dealer was able to put the voice recognition feature back on my vehicle via a software update. The only thing they didn't do was replace my blank button on the steering wheel with the button that has the "Voice" symbol. So if you have a 2011 LR4 that does not have the Voice Recognition feature, you may be able to get your dealer to add it back for you.
Hi Waltzonice,
My dealer is confused (what a shock!!) he says that if I can give him the last 8 digits of a vehicle that has had this "operation" then he can duplicate it, would u mind posting the last 8 of ur VIN? it should start with BA, thanks in advance...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM