2012 LR4 at Cost—anyone get a deal on their 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alegrialv

Reaction score
The 3K for wheels and 2.5k for rear entertainment were the costliest options and either one could be left off and few people would ever miss it.

I was SO tempted to get the wheels...so you got the black lined ones right? Those were mean looking...

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 2011 LUX, HD Vision Assist (Black) for $59k. No special wheels or RSE. Did the prices go up this year? That still seems high.

chois2

Reaction score
a little less than $1k over invoice on the east coast.. even at that i was very hesitant.. I would stay firm on your original offer.

hotdog

Reaction score
Purchased a 2012 Silver+Ebony HSE LUX last month here in Nth.CA. The sales guy didn't seem to know anything about the new paint prices(+$925 for everything except white+$0 and black+$425), so I didn't bring it up. I think it only applies to new builds going forward, as the sticker on mine didn't have any adds for the silver paint(+$950 according to the website). This vehicle just came in(was covered in plastic & being programmed). Am guessing it was a customer order that fell thru, but given the LR sales people's tendency to BS at every possible opportunity I will never truly know. Can't say too little about LR's salesmen ... they vary from uninformed to incompetent to unresourceful ... basically waiting for sales to come to them. Not what you hope for when you drop 60 large on a vehicle, but like my wife keeps telling me "just let it go". Between the sales people and the lack of cars on lots, I almost gave up on the LR4. But for this forum I would probably be in a Toyota Sequoia! So a big thanks to everyone here. With that in mind, here's my bit to help potential buyers. Firstly at the risk of stating the blooming obvious ... there are not many 2012 LR4s on the West Coast at present. As a result dealers are not hugely negotiable. My best guess is a "good deal" range is 500-2500 off MSRP depending on color & spec's. The high demand colors of Black & White appear to be the hardest to get discounts on(500-1000). Silver and maybe Sand seem to be next(1000-1500). Anything else is harder to move and is subject to more negotiability(1500-2500). These are only ballparks and things will vary by region and dealer, but I think this gives a good starting point. These numbers are based only on my experience with vehicles on lots, using info from the truth-challenged people who sell them, and not on special orders. If your dealer has to get a car from another dealer, expect to pay shipping costs(500-1500 depending on distance). This is particularly frustrating because LR &/or their dealers appear to have a low inventory policy for the US(perhaps because their margins are better in Asia). In addition, don't expect to be able to buy cars from dealers outside your region and drive/fly to get the car. Non-region dealers either won't sell to you, or will want you to pay more because they apparently get penalized 2-3% when they sell outside their region...aaarrhhh! Put your zip into the LRUSA website to see who is in your region(usually within ~50 miles). I wish you good luck, for as you can see you may need it, not to mention a good serving of patience :) Cheers.

BushRover

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a LR4 lux, HD package, and HD/satellite radio for 56k so all said and done it was 500 over invoice but had other stupid fees so it came out to 56800

Last edited:

alegrialv

Reaction score
Hotdog, that's so interesting you said that about non-region. Dealer said that to me too, and I was dubious. Couple weeks ago, I contacted CA, particularly Santa Monica and they were willing to sell me a car. Just that they didn't have any that had my specs—so I'm not so sure it's the truth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM