2012 LR4 at Cost—anyone get a deal on their 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dp03798

Reaction score
With further research I have confirmed this is the package I have:

HSE Package - $4,225
Navigation system; HSE exterior badge; Alloy wheels: 19"x; LED Signature Lighting; Voice activating system for radio, phone and navigation system; Audio system with digital radio , digital radio and satellite radio; USB input jacks; Bluetooth; Rear differential lock; MP3 player; Smart card/smart key; includes central locking ; includes ignition starter; Electric foldable mirrors; Park Distance Control (PDC) front radar parking distance sensors, parking Aid rear cam&radar parking distance sensors; Includes: [RSC] 7 Seat Comfort Package And [CCP] Climate Comfort Package; Excludes: [DAS] Sirius Satellite Radio and HD Radio And [BLW] 20" 5 Spoke Gloss Black Alloy Wheel

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost special ordered a 2011 LR4. My dealer wanted a "fully refundable" deposit before ordering the car. They claimed they would give the whole deposit back for any reason. Didn't make any sense to me. Anyway, it's your money. Unless the deposit is refundable for any reason (in writing), I would agree on the exact vehicle specs and price before ordering.
As far as I know dealer can not hold deposit for any reason unless it is signed as non refundable, no matter what they say...:)

/ I hope I am right because I just made one on a car 250 miles away that I had not seen yet! :))) /

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know dealer can not hold deposit for any reason unless it is signed as non refundable, no matter what they say...:)

/ I hope I am right because I just made one on a car 250 miles away that I had not seen yet! :))) /

So what's the point of the deposit?

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With further research I have confirmed this is the package I have:

HSE Package - $4,225
Navigation system; HSE exterior badge; Alloy wheels: 19"x; LED Signature Lighting; Voice activating system for radio, phone and navigation system; Audio system with digital radio , digital radio and satellite radio; USB input jacks; Bluetooth; Rear differential lock; MP3 player; Smart card/smart key; includes central locking ; includes ignition starter; Electric foldable mirrors; Park Distance Control (PDC) front radar parking distance sensors, parking Aid rear cam&radar parking distance sensors; Includes: [RSC] 7 Seat Comfort Package And [CCP] Climate Comfort Package; Excludes: [DAS] Sirius Satellite Radio and HD Radio And [BLW] 20" 5 Spoke Gloss Black Alloy Wheel

That's interesting. So the rear locker is now part of the HSE package? The problem I had was finding an HSE with the heavy duty package. Wound up buying a LUX just because it had the HD package.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Really? I just paid for the HEAVY DUTY package which is the rear locking. If that's the case, that sucks because it's a $750 option.

BushRover

Reaction score
Really? I just paid for the HEAVY DUTY package which is the rear locking. If that's the case, that sucks because it's a $750 option.

I ordered a 2012 lux with the HD package and the HD package was still considered an option, this was just in Dec 2011. Don't know if that just changed.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure the Heavy Duty Package can be added to any trim level and contains both the rear locking diff and full-size spare.

BushRover

Reaction score
I also had to pay extra for the HD package and I just placed my order for the lux package at the end of Dec 2011 - on the LR site the HDpavkage is still considered an option

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it would of made good sense to check this board before actually making the purchase but I was extremely busy before the holidays.....

Anyway I want to hear what you guys think of my deal.

I traded in a 2006 RR with over 60k miles and a few nicks and scratches . Dealer gave me 21k for it.

I bought a 2012 LR4 HSE for a little over $48k.

Dealer was originally around 51k. I am on the east coast.
If original price for 2012 HSE was 51, there is a reason for it. Was it a Demo or loaner? Dont want to be a party-pooper, but... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM