2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have been nice to see an 8 speed transmission and flappy paddles. Oh well. Brits always get what we can't have it seems.

That transmission is mated to diesel engines only... As North America alone gets the petrol engine, we get to keep with the "legacy" 6-speed ZF.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only things that really excite me for the 2013 updates are the Arabica seats and new paint colors. The wheels, in my opinion, are a downgrade from last year and I'm not a huge fan of the black pack. The black pack makes me feel like the LR4 is heading in the direction of the RRS, with more superficial design cues than actual practical ones. I think it was Finlay who said it, and I agree, that there should be some option to get an extended off-road pack.

Based on the slow evolution of the LR4, I am interested to see what happens with the next generation. The public comments claim a return to more utilitarian model, but that just doesn't feel like where we are headed. I hope things don't change too much in the future because I personally feel like the LR4 is one of the last remaining SUVs with any real character.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only things that really excite me for the 2013 updates are the Arabica seats and new paint colors. The wheels, in my opinion, are a downgrade from last year and I'm not a huge fan of the black pack. The black pack makes me feel like the LR4 is heading in the direction of the RRS, with more superficial design cues than actual practical ones. I think it was Finlay who said it, and I agree, that there should be some option to get an extended off-road pack.

Based on the slow evolution of the LR4, I am interested to see what happens with the next generation. The public comments claim a return to more utilitarian model, but that just doesn't feel like where we are headed. I hope things don't change too much in the future because I personally feel like the LR4 is one of the last remaining SUVs with any real character.
I fear that the Discovery 5 will basically become some mini version of the RR/RRS with a more sleek and rounded design. Add to that the emphasis on "Luxury" and "Limited Edition" packages, it seems like it will become the 7-seater RRS-vehicle. I hope they leave it alone and offer more utilitarian/off-road/expedition-type options. Screw the chrome!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black pack makes me feel like the LR4 is heading in the direction of the RRS,

Huh... Maybe that's why I like it so much? :biggrin: I do not much care for the "meh" 19" wheels that replaced last year's design, either.

I modified my order accordingly, build date is now mid-November according to the dealer. How much is all this going to cost they don't know... But I am sure it won't be pretty. :help: Base price went up only $200 from last year, but prices of the new options (extended leather, black pack) is not known for NA yet.

Here is my current configured vehicle specs, for those who care.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I predict the Discovery 5 will be more defender than RRS.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
The red w/ black pack looks amazing. Really liked the arabica leather on this years lux limited, guess now that it'll be an option on the 13's it's not so limited anymore. Plus, didn't care for the chrome accents or tan carpets and arm rests....too hard to keep clean with the kids.

Also, to anyone with kids, especially toddlers, I added the waterproof seat covers to the rear seats so the car seats ( and crushed Cheerios) would not ruin the leather....best decision ever. I just need to find something for the backs of the front seats to take care of ll the footprints. Grrrrrr.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red w/ black pack looks amazing. Really liked the arabica leather on this years lux limited, guess now that it'll be an option on the 13's it's not so limited anymore. Plus, didn't care for the chrome accents or tan carpets and arm rests....too hard to keep clean with the kids.

Also, to anyone with kids, especially toddlers, I added the waterproof seat covers to the rear seats so the car seats ( and crushed Cheerios) would not ruin the leather....best decision ever. I just need to find something for the backs of the front seats to take care of ll the footprints. Grrrrrr.

they do make a cover for the back of the front seats to protect against kicking and shoe prints. you can pick it up at any Babies R Us store.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, amazon also carries those seat protectors. Don't ask my twin 19m'ers how they know...

The black pack is 1-2 years too late on the design timeline IMHO. Where's the 18" rim?? please....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, amazon also carries those seat protectors. Don't ask my twin 19m'ers how they know...

The black pack is 1-2 years too late on the design timeline IMHO. Where's the 18" rim?? please....
18" wheels - FOR SURE!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM