2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a little confused.

With my 2006 LR3 HSE, months later after my initial purchase, i bought and installed cross bars myself. I did not have to get anything else to install them. So i am guessing the roof rails came with my LR3.

Now, for current LUX models, both 2012 and 2013, will i need any extra equipment if i want to buy and install crossbars myself?

Thanks.
You are correct. The roof rails do not come with the LR4, it is an accessory you have to add. Your LR3 came with the roof rails. Lucky!

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how much are the roof rails, and are they easy to install? Sucks that now i will have to fork out more.

And can the roof rails be added as part of the custom order?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof rails would be dealer installed accessories rather than a factory option, so you can add them to your order if you want, or can purchase them later. How much you'll pay is really up to the individual dealer as part of your pricing negotiations, I think they list for about $400 to $800 per set (you can find them for less on the web), depending on whether you pick short of full length rails. Labor to install them is going to be extra, I assume a dealer will want to charge you about an hour for that, or you can DIY. Looks easy enough.

Last edited:

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are fairly easy to install, yet I managed to slightly screw it up. The only reason I would recommend having a dealer do it is risk vs reward. Some folks, and dealers, have cracked the glass roof during installation. Thats probably a fairly expensive mistake. I am sure you could get it installed for 100-150 bucks. For me, in hindsight, I would just pay the dealer rather than risking the repair bill...that being said, if you are careful, you shouldn't have a problem...

As to the MY2013 just being open to order...wow...what a long wait, and for apparently little feature changes. Glad I didn't hold off on a 2013 and bought a 2012 a few months ago....

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah i am more worried about dealer screwing it up or damaging something thats not visibly apparent. But it sucks that its not a factory option anymore.

Last edited:

phelme

Reaction score
Yeah i am more worry about dealer screwing it up or damaging something thats not visibly apparent. But it sucks that its not a factory option anymore.

Yep. That's why I'm likely to spring for the black design pack myself and get the extended satin rails factory installed. I figure if I hate the black rims, the only part of that package I question and will have to judge in person, I can always sell them.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but the black design pack is NOT available with the following colors: Barossa, Mariana Black and Barolo.

Oh and hidden among the changes for MY2013 is wood trim on the "steering wheel face", at least on the Black lacquer option. Not sure what that will be like.

Last edited:

phelme

Reaction score
Oh and hidden among the changes for MY2013 is wood trim on the "steering wheel face", at least on the Black lacquer option. Not sure what that will be like.
I see mention in the press release of "switch finishers" so perhaps they are now black lacquered wood instead of plastic.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2013 Land Rover LR4 offers two new interior colors and two new trim finishes. Arabica (brown) seats with Nutmeg stitching and Ivory seats with Ivory stitching are both now available in Windsor premium leather. A new Grand Ivory Lacquer veneer provides a contrast with an Ebony dashboard and door panels, while new Gloss Black switches on the steering wheel have been added to the Grand Black Lacquer veneer option. Cosmic Grey interior finishers are also introduced as a new option.

From the US press release: http://www.interactivelandrover.com/lr4/DisplayRelease.php?itemID=492 (prices of all 3 trims listed, unfortunately no prices for the options yet, although release of complete price list should be imminent, according to LRNA. It's already available in the UK.)

I am cautiously excited about this statement regarding improvements to the satnav:
The Points of Interest (POI) function has been extended. POIs can also be downloaded from the Internet and personalized with name, icon and audible warnings. A ‘My POI’ category is included, and POIs can now be uploaded from a USB stick in ‘GPX’ format.
It sure would be nice to be able to enter addresses, POIs and geocache coordinates in a way that does not require punching in each letter and number on the touchscreen...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this, but are they taking orders for 2013 LR4s?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635