2015 LR4 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
I just traded in my 2011 LR4 for the 2015. The new one is an HSE with the vison package.

My two questions are:

1. My "front" parking assit only works after I have just shifted from R to D, or, if I press the parking assist button below 6 mph. If I go fast it does not come back on later when I park head on. Anyone know how to keep it on? I know it shuts off above 7 mph but I think I want it to come back on automatically when I go slow for parking in the garage and the parking deck.

2. My passive door locking is sort of working. I can lock the truck with the button on the door every time, but unlocking from the button almost never works.

Any thoughts?

Other than that, I like the truck so far. Only had a few days but the power seems very similar to the V8. Getting used to the on off engine at idle. The ride seems smoother which surprised me. Maybe the lower engine weight has something to do with that?

Bob Chankalian

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2011 LR4 for the 2015. The new one is an HSE with the vison package.

My two questions are:

2. My passive door locking is sort of working. I can lock the truck with the button on the door every time, but unlocking from the button almost never works.

Any thoughts?

Other than that, I like the truck so far. Only had a few days but the power seems very similar to the V8. Getting used to the on off engine at idle. The ride seems smoother which surprised me. Maybe the lower engine weight has something to do with that?

Bob Chankalian

Can't help you with #1, I have a 2013 model.

As for #2, when you unlock you do not push the door button. That is for locking only. When you want to unlock it, simply grabbing the door handle will automatically unlock it. (with your key in pocket / in range of course)

Just a word of advice, I have found if I put my cell phone and key fob in the same pocket, I have often found the truck can't sense the fob. Probably RF interference with the phone.

Good luck and I am glad you are enjoying the new truck!!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding #1, that's the way the front PDC is designed to work. Land Rover used to have the front sensors on at all times below 7 mph on certain models a few years ago (including my 2006 Sport), but that strategy generated tons of false readings and incessant beeping in odd places - at intersections, stoplights, pedestrian crossings, even for no apparent reason in city traffic as the ultrasound sensors were "tricked" by large air movements in front of the car caused by passing trucks or buses... Those stupid things would sound every 30 seconds in traffic, it was beyond annoying as I recall.

Land Rover eventually decided to change strategy and disabled them past 7 mph until/unless your speed falls back below that limit and you either push the PDC button on the dash or engage reverse gear first.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shut off my front parking sensors when I installed the ARB front bumper. They are zip tied and stowed away nicely. :)

I hated them while driving off road. I was able to still utilize the rear sensors with the Kaymar rear bumper, they have great clips on that bumper, but not sure how good they will work once I get the spare tire back there on the swing away. Right now they work just as well as in my stock bumper.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
Ok. Thats ashame. My 2008 QX56 was able to diffentiate between air and real obstructions on its front sensors.

Thanks for the feedback. At least I know.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM