2016 LR4 prices paid for lease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep opportunity cost aside, there is still a benchmark for good and bad leases as a function of total msrp. obviously if you know you can invest at higher rate than you borrow you shld do that, but that's independent and exclusive from my original post.

lets face it most cars have similar depreciation, if anything landrovers depreciate faster than other makes. you can lease most bmws and MBs for about 40% of msrp so a 110K s550 costs about 48K over 3 years....

even in the landrover family I just was offered 1200 a month lease for a 115K msrp RR SC - much better value than the lr4 - atleast wrt to the lease I have - and yes i was asleep but wld be surprised if im the only one paying the rate

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're not the only one. I paid 7.5% for a BMW R1200GSA for a year. It was a 48 month loan with a balloon payment of $10K. I paid it off after 12 months. I was asleep when I signed that deal too

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're not the only one. I paid 7.5% for a BMW R1200GSA for a year. It was a 48 month loan with a balloon payment of $10K. I paid it off after 12 months. I was asleep when I signed that deal too

The BMW finance rates are somewhat based on credit rating but over the years I've never seen the GSA get the kind of "free money" rates that Ducati offers so often. It's also very model specific. The GSA is at the top and those just command more $ from what I've seen.

I also bought a new GSA, the '13 before it changed to water cooled because I did not want the additional system in there.

Overall, I've always done way better with buying having a nearly nothing rate on my BMW 535 wagon and the Audi avant S4 too. It's usually worth looking into other bank rates if a brand financing is not offering something special like 0-3%.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sucks to me about a lease are that you're kind of stuck. At least in a loan you can pay it off faster to dramatically reduce the interest or just sell it.

I suppose you are not in a position to deduct the lease for business purposes? That's usually a nice offset and less complicated than depreciating or mileage % for business use.

Good luck. It sort of doesn't matter though now that you're in the deal. Your only way out might be getting them to undo the deal and you buy it instead if it's only been a couple days...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was on a 2014 water cooled. All my other bikes and cars I've just paid cash, except for the truck because I couldn't say no to free money

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is not answering the question, but I leased my 2011 LR4 HSE because I was going back to Land Rover after a long hiatus and was nervous it was a piece of crap - like my 1999 Discovery. :) For me, it was a way to give it a try without buying it, even though I typically do not lease vehicles.

I did a 36 month lease, but when I decided to stick with the LR4 and wanted to order exactly what I wanted in 2013 (before they got rid of the V8 engine), they actually took back my 2011 LR4 about 1.5 years EARLY. The payoff was actually several thousand dollars lower than what they were willing to give me as a trade in, so it worked for me. I think they ended up taking almost $4,000 off my 2013 LR4 because the lease payoff was lower than how much it was worth. My 2013 LR4 was purchased because I ordered exactly what I wanted and knew I wanted the brand after having the 2011.

I probably wasn't helpful, but just wanted to share.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

After selling my 2011 RRS HSE LUX in 2014, I am back in the family. Leased me a 2016 LR4 HSE. Boy has there been a change in the residual values of these trucks eh?! This is allowing for some very good leases (at least compared to the competition, and the past).

Also was offered a pretty competitive money factor through some bank my dealer deals with.

Let's just say, it was too good a deal to pass up: I was offered $500 below invoice. I am rather sure that's unheard of for 2016 LR4's, let alone LR4's period, historically. :)

Picking her up tomorrow, despite the expected rain, grr... ;)

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We picked up our 2016 last month and could only get them to take $1000 off msrp, but they were willing to negotiate up on our trade in value from what I already thought was a fair deal. Ended up getting another $500 on the trade so felt ok with the deal in the end.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the LR4 model will retain high value as many people are partial to the 'box' look. If we really wanted uber streamlined we would have gone the Range Rover route. I rushed out to get one before they were impossible to get anywhere near the configuration I wanted before they get fugly.

The Bronco, Defender, Land Cruiser (old) body styles screams off road and rugged. I personally am not thrilled with the new style.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah MachMike I think you're right, though the resale value of the new RRS and new RR are also superb! It's insane, go look at what used ones still fetch! They certainly aren't dropping as fast as the outgoing models used to a decade ago, nor as quick as the current competition SUVs!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM