Ants in the cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
I've somehow acquired ants in the cab of my LR3. They seem to show up on my dash every morning...just 2 or 3 at a time. Then I'll see them when I get back in the car after work.
No food in the car.
My wife took the car this weekend and left it parked for about 36 hours...said they were in the backseat this time when she got back.
Anybody had this? What's the solution...just ant traps? I'm afraid bombing would create a funky smell forever...
Thanks!

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some Terro ant traps and put a few of in places you have seen the ants in the car, after a week there will be no more ants. Make sure you leave the traps there for a while up to 3 months

The pricipal is they capture the scout ants so the rest never find out if there are delicious goodies in your car :)

Also, look for their trails around where you normal park, think about a Boric acid (SP?) powder to treat the area around your house car :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid#Insecticidal

Happy hunting!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ore start spraying ant killer on the carpet up under the dash, and across the fire wall.
Quit eating/dropping crumbs and vacuum the truck once in awhile.

Last edited:

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everybody. I set some ant traps under the seats last weekend and I haven't seen any ants in the last couple days. Looks like that worked.
Also, Mike, thanks for instructing me on the proper care of the interior of my vehicle and giving me the guidance on what I should or shouldn't do in it...greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99