bearing noise comming from motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go again, ron...

No, at the lot in Woodberry commons. Its an outlet shopping center in Harriman NY.

Here you go again; so you expect everyone to believe that right at the time you were hearing these lunatic-bearing noises you stumbled along some poor person with a 2008 LR3 JUST LIKE YOURS and you sought their advice on a sound?

Do you realize just how ridiculous that sounds? Here goes:

1. The odds that you'd just stumble on an LR3/owner in a parking lot just at the right time are slim to none. I see MAYBE one LR3 per day on the freeway.

2. The fact that the owner of that rig would give your engine a listen or otherwise advise you on the health of your engine is improbable.

Here is what I think, both of which are more likely than your story:

1. You never had an LR3.
2. You did have an LR3 and it faked the problem so that it could get the hell away from you.

The only reason why I continue to engage you in this thread is that it's so damn amusing. The depths of your psychosis are intriguing and endless....

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. The fact that the owner of that rig would give your engine a listen or otherwise advise you on the health of your engine is improbable.

Its not something you can't hear. Its so loud, you could hear it across the street. Almost as loud as a car with a bad muffler, but in this case high pitch grinding.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then why not say that a passer-by advised you on it? Why did you have to introduce the improbable part about an LR3 owner?

Face it, you're a lying troll that needs attention very badly.

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then why not say that a passer-by advised you on it? Why did you have to introduce the improbable part about an LR3 owner?

Face it, you're a lying troll that needs attention very badly.

I've never lied in my life. What is a troll??

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your comment is border line harrasement.

ROFLMAO Ron you are a real "day at the beach". IMHO keep your trade in , get on with your life and learn to stop making mountains out of mole hills. I own a 05 LR3HSE and have had my share of real issues, but worked with my dealer to fix and accepted them as part of owning the best "4X4X FAR" If I had your attitude I would have torched mine long ago, but now I can't envision NOT owning a Land Rover. Most European cars in general and British in particular have their "quirks" (read reliability issues), but have the loyalist of owners . You say see "you at a Rally" I'm not sure you have the temperament for that, but I could be wrong (not the first time mind you) .

Good Luck
John in NE ohio

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron take a video of the high pitch grinding and post it to youtube. Then reply back with the link.

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron take a video of the high pitch grinding and post it to youtube. Then reply back with the link.

I don't have the LR3 anymore, the dealer took back last Monday. However, they called me yesterday and confirmed the noise and only said its in the shop. They will let me know Monday and offer me deal at same price if I'm still interested. I am looking at the Touareg V8 today with the air suspension and rear diff lock that adealer had for someone who special ordered but never took.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touareg's a great truck. Probably better than the LR3. PLEASE get it. (sorry VW forum people)

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touareg's a great truck. Probably better than the LR3. PLEASE get it. (sorry VW forum people)

After testing it, I'm back to the LE3. The VW was too soft of a ride, and plastic skid plate for motor, nothing for t-case.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense, but the Touareg having a soft ride?!?!?! You sure you didn't test drive an Escalade instead?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo