bearing noise comming from motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has Ron finally given up???

No, still here. I'm not taking this from dealer. Not comfortable with a bad alternator on a new vehicle with less than 100 miles, and a service department that took a week to diagnose.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to point out that you aren't helping your case with the numerous contradictions:

First, it has over 200 miles and you agree to buy it back after repairs.

I have a bearing type noise, almost like bad water pump sound coming from motor at idle, and when driving slow. It started at 200 miles on a new 2008. What can this be? Dealer has it in shop since yesterday trying to figure out.

If its a lemon, its on the dealers hands now. I returned it to dealer which they accepted. I later agreed, this afternoon to buy it back but only if they fix it. So far, no answer from management. I also ran the VIN with customer service at land rover and awaiting answer.

Then it has less than 100 miles and you won't take it back.

No, still here. I'm not taking this from dealer. Not comfortable with a bad alternator on a new vehicle with less than 100 miles, and a service department that took a week to diagnose.

If it was simply an alternater issue that was repaired, then why not take delivery of the vehicle? Believe me, with an LR3 you should not get upset about failed components which are addressed under warranty. This certainly won't be the last time you need a warranty repair (same goes for almost any vehicle).

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was simply an alternater issue that was repaired, then why not take delivery of the vehicle? Believe me, with an LR3 you should not get upset about failed components which are addressed under warranty. This certainly won't be the last time you need a warranty repair (same goes for almost any vehicle).

You are mixing it up. I bought the vehicle with 97 miles on odo. After 2 days it had 300 miles, and I returned it, thus 203 miles was my own. I don't feel confident in this vehicle that it would have an alternator problem at such low mileage. I also don't feel confident in dealers service dept that it took them a week to diagnose. This is why I won't take re-delivery on this vehicle from this dealership.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that there is no way you could talk that dealer into selling you a car - EVER. If you are anywhere near as bothersome to them as you are to this board, they would know they are in for a troubling experience.
BTW, the dealer's ad still lists your truck as having 40 miles on it...

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that there is no way you could talk that dealer into selling you a car - EVER. If you are anywhere near as bothersome to them as you are to this board, they would know they are in for a troubling experience.
BTW, the dealer's ad still lists your truck as having 40 miles on it...

I noticed that on many of there vehicles stating 40 miles. Even some of there loaner vehicles with 3000 miles are listed as 40 miles. Site isn't updated which is very common not just here but at many dealerships.

I wouldn't go back there for a while, but most importantly, its service that you want to have, and this dealership proves that there technicians aren't all that knowledgeable.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently LR is not the vehicle for you. Perhaps you should stick with Toyota or whatever it was you traded in. Quite honestly, stacking that much negative equity with a trade is a bad idea anyways!

ronLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently LR is not the vehicle for you. Perhaps you should stick with Toyota or whatever it was you traded in. Quite honestly, stacking that much negative equity with a trade is a bad idea anyways!
Have to get out of toyota. I really did like the LR3 best from everything I looked at. The jeep commander overland is next, but still not an LR3. Perhaps I need to wait till end of 09 model year for better deal as the redesigned 2010 models will take stage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72